Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Asus ZenFone max plus

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Whenever I exit out of Spotify any albums I've downloaded revert back to being undownloaded. The songs in the album stay downloaded since I have them all saved in a playlist, but I can't access the albums themselves when I'm offline. When I go to my albums while offline I only get "your albums will appear here". Any fix to this issue?

2 Replies

There are a few possible reasons why your downloads might be removed:

• You've downloaded music to more than 3 devices.
  • You haven't been online with Spotify at least once in the last 30 days. 
  • If you've recently reinstalled the app.
  • Your Spotify app needs updating
  • Your SD card (if your device has one) has become compromised (dislodged, corrupted, etc.) 
  • The content's no longer available on Spotify.
  • Tracks in some playlists are updated regularly, meaning tracks might be removed. 

If your tracks won't stay downloaded to your device, we recommend removing all your active offline devices (see "Manage your active offline devices" below), then reinstall the app before downloading the tracks again.

Hey @Z3bra_F0untain,

Thanks for coming to the Community about this!

The first thing to do when you're having trouble with downloaded music is to remove all devices for offline listening.

After that, we strongly recommend you to run a clean reisntall. By following both of these steps you will ensure that everything with the cache is ok and it's not causing troubles downloading music or playing downloaded files.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts