Premium

Country

France

Device

Samsung A52

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

I have several artists from whom I downloaded all the songs, but when I choose the artists view in my library, only one of them appears as downloaded (i.e. with the little download icon). I was just wondering how exactly do these icons work? For the icon to appear what do you need to download exactly?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for answering!

Sorry I didn't update, I actually found out on my own: for a download icon to appear next to the artist in library, you need to download the liked tracks from the artist, i.e. you need to go on the artists page, click on the "liked songs" section right under the name of the artist, and download...

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Israel

Device

Google Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Android 9 Pie 

My Question or Issue

The green arrow as you all probably know is an indicator of whether a song is downloaded to your device or not. This indicator should appear whether a song was saved to your library or not. My library is not downloaded to my device, but some playlists are – so I'd use this arrow to indicate whether or not a song is in one of these playlists - even if it's not saved to my library. However, a change took place roughly 2 weeks ago that forced me to change my habbits.

So, let's say 2 weeks ago - I have an album that is not saved to my library but I would still want to know which songs in it are downloaded to my device, aka are part of one of the playlists that are downloaded to my device. No problem, I'd just search for the green arrow. But after the change it seems that this green arrow would only appear if a song is saved to my library. It means that even if I have a few songs within an album that are downloaded to my device, I have no way of knowing so if the album is not saved to my library. I have to first save the album, than see which songs are downloaded (has the green arrow), and than unsave. It's 2 extra steps.

Here are some examples

Palo Santo by Years & Years - I have a few songs downloaded to my device but the album itself is not saved to my library.

unsaved:

saved:

Movement by Hozier - same thing. I have the song downloaded to my device, but it's not in my library

unsaved:

saved:

Just to clarify - it wasn't the case approximately 2 weeks ago.

I think it is counter-intuitive. I can't find a good reason for this change. I'd like to know which songs are downloaded to my device even if they are not saved to my library, and if there is a reason for this change - I'd like to know it.

Thank you!

Hi there @the-cellist,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We'd like to take a closer look into this 🙂

To start with, can you provide us some screenshots so that we can check it out directly from your end?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

Thanks for answering!

Sorry I didn't update, I actually found out on my own: for a download icon to appear next to the artist in library, you need to download the liked tracks from the artist, i.e. you need to go on the artists page, click on the "liked songs" section right under the name of the artist, and download...

Hey @the-cellist,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation!

We're glad to hear that you've found a solution to your issue!

If you ever have any other questions in the future, feel free to post in the Community again! 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

literally the same thing is happening to me for like 3 months from now. it was a habit to see the greem thingy in whatever playlist = know it was in my playlist

Hey @migueldeathgripz

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one?

On another note,  it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists after the clean reinstall, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

thanks but i already did the reinstall thing 2 times and the problem persisted. my phone is a samsung s10+ , the operating system is android 12 and the spotify version is 8.8.4.518

Suggested posts