Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs disappear when out of service for 24hours

Downloaded songs disappear when out of service for 24hours

I have premium and have my “liked songs” playlist downloaded which has 2000 songs. 
I work away for a week at a time in places with no cell reception so I am offline for days at a time. After only about 24hours offline, some songs in my **downloaded** playlist start to turn grey(meaning I can’t play them) and after 3 days or so almost all of my “offline” music is unplayable??? This totally defeats the purpose of offline music! Why does Spotify take my music away after such a short time out of service? I have heard of it happening to people that go away for a month or more but not 24hours!? Help? 

7 Replies

Hey @12102390960,

Thanks for posting here.

This sounds a bit odd.  Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one. That way you can make sure that the app is up-to-date and the cache is cleared.

It's also a good idea to try downloading the content while using a different internet connection. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Im getting this same issue 

when i turn my mobile data and wifi off , it doesnt play at all. only when i re connect to the wifi or mobile data does it play. why am i paying for premium to listen offline when i could do the same for free. 😡

Ver I don’t think it’s practical to do this as I have 10gb of music downloaded and it would take hours to re-download it all. It’s happening with other people too so I don’t think it’s something that a re-install will fix. I think maybe Spotify has changed the rules on downloaded music.

Hi folks,

Thank you for your replies.

@12102390960, are you using any apps / software that clear your cache and manage your storage automatically? If yes, then it's possible that it's deleting some of your downloads as a result.

There's also this ongoing issue which might be affecting both of you, so go check it out and share your feedback if you haven't already. We'll then can forward it to our developers, who are currently investigating this.

Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

No, nothing like that. Yes sounds like the same issue all those other people are having. I guess I’ll just have to wait for Spotify to fix it

Hey @12102390960,

Thanks for the reply.

The issue is most likely related to the Ongoing Issue that @Yordan has linked to. This is being investigated by the right folks at Spotify. It would be great if you submit the requested info in that thread. This will greatly help the teams working on it 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I downloaded all my song its fine for 1 day then when im offline they just aren’t downloaded anymore the green arrow isn’t green anymore can’t play them

Suggested posts