Duo Mix influencing my recommendations

Duo Mix influencing my recommendations

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

US

Operating System

My Question or Issue

My girlfriend and I like to use Duo Mix while cooking, but I've noticed that my Daily Mixes and such have started to include music similar to hers. It's very easy to tell, she was more poppy music while I have metal. 

Is this intended behavior? It seems like the end result of this is a homogenization of our accounts.

3 Replies

Hey there @Kuijibo

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Keep in mind that all the content played on your account will affect your recommendations, unless you enable private listening

In case you'd like to stop getting these types of recommendations, we'd suggest you enable it before playing the Duo Mix. Each Private Session is active as long as you're active in the app.

If anything else comes up, we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is really disheartening to hear. I can't understand why Duo Mix would affect my recommendations as it seems to be intended to be listened to by two people.

I have been enabling private listening but it's state doesn't save and I have to keep reenabling it (which is a tedious process). And I'm not aware if I can enable private listening from a Google Nest. 

So, to answer my original question, the point of Duo Mix is to muddle mine and my partners recommendations until they are the same?

Hi there @Kuijibo,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Your Duo Mix should have no influence on your recommendation playlists. 

The Google Nest, however is linked to only one Spotify account, and as a separate device, anything you or your girl friend listen to via the smart speaker might end up influencing the recommendations on that particular account.

Hope this clarified things. As a workaround, what you can do is link her Spotify account to the speaker and stream music via that one, if she doesn't mind seeing music that you might enjoy on her account.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts