Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicate songs on playlist

Solved!

Duplicate songs on playlist

Because of a new update, I can’t add the same songs twice or more on a playlist. Anyone know if there’s another way?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @agnesa_ch @Chrissiforde 

Right now the ability to add a song to a playlist more than once using the "Add to playlist" menu in the mobile app is currently not possible. As a workaround you can still add songs to a playlist more than once using the desktop app.

In my walkthrough I show you how to use the new Plus button and you can find more answers to the most frequently asked questions:

The ♡ Heart button is being replaced with a (+) Plus button

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

51 Replies

Hello there

I'd like to know whether you're on a premium subscription or not and details about your device(model, OS) and Spotify app version.

I just tried adding a song to a playlist several times and it worked.

Thanks

TaylithSpotify Star

The same thing is happening to me and several of my friends. We are all on the premium subscription my phone is the iPhone 11 the others I know with the issue have the latest iPhone editions. 

I’m having the same issue and I need to know how to override it!!

Im on a premium subscription, Apple iPhone 11, IOS 16.2. and spotify app version 8.8.16

thank you already for your help! 

Marked as solution

Hey @agnesa_ch @Chrissiforde 

Right now the ability to add a song to a playlist more than once using the "Add to playlist" menu in the mobile app is currently not possible. As a workaround you can still add songs to a playlist more than once using the desktop app.

In my walkthrough I show you how to use the new Plus button and you can find more answers to the most frequently asked questions:

The ♡ Heart button is being replaced with a (+) Plus button

MattSudaSpotify Star

Will they be adding feature back to add a song twice to same playlist?  Have to have this feature back. Thank you! 

You can add a track multiple time no problem make a new playlist and just simply add the song as many times as you wish.

When adding multiple songs just read the pop up and add any way! OK ?

See image below.

Example Playlist!.png

Example Playlist!.png

There is no longer an option of adding a song more than once to a playlists on app,  It’s not fair for ppl who don’t have pc/laptop and want to create playlists, the repeat button isn’t helpful when a person is at work or travelling, playlists saves time and now not having that option is time consuming especially when you have to press repeat when you want to listen to it again. Can you please bring it back.

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk 

Device

iPhone 11 Pro 

Operating System

ios 

My Question or Issue

when creating a playlist , I can no longer duplicate songs . When you go to add, it shows the playlist that it’s previously been added to and won’t allow you to add again. This has been on a previous post, but was resolved with a software update, however there is no update available.

I can’t add a same song more than once to my playlist no matter I use the mobile app or the iPad add. Mine is a premium duo plan. But my daughter under the same plan can do it in her mobile app.

I used to be able to add two of the same song to a playlist. Just this week I can no longer do that. How can I fix this?!

Hey, I think maybe your daughter probably hasn't updated yet. Does she still have hearts instead of a circle with a plus sign?

Also, does anybody know if this problem will be fixed soon? It has immediately become an extreme nuisance.

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 10.46.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 10.47.11 AM.png

Hey there @NattyGB

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on a specific one?

On another note, could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

If you haven't tried performing a clean reinstall of the app on your devices yet, we suggest that you do so by following these specific steps. 

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I know you weren't responding to me, but come on, I mean, the issue is obviously very much a platform-sided issue, not a user-sided one. The problem is that with the new update, users can no longer add duplicate songs to a playlist on mobile. It is only in the mobile app and reinstalling would not help since the issue is with an intentional choice that was made in the new update. 

The intention of people who continually post about this topic is to hopefully get people who have power at Spotify to fix it ASAP because it is extremely annoying and only gets more so by the day.

Hope this helps! If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

The new iOS app update has limited the user’s ability to add a song to the same playlist twice. Where it previously would show the drop down menu of playlists to add the song and you could select the same playlist then be met with options to “skip” or “add anyway”, it now highlights playlists the song has already been added to with green ticks, and selecting a playlist to add the same song twice will not give you an option to add the song again, and will instead just unselect the green tick on that playlist.

I’d like to think this was just an oversight when putting together the new updates, but if it was an intentional move to restrict users’ ability to add a song to the same playlist twice, it was a bad decision that deserves negative feedback, as paying users should have the right to consume their favourite music and make playlists of them in any way they wish as long as it’s possible within Spotify’s platform - which as it was previously an option, adding the same song to a playlist twice should be possible. 

Plan

Premium

Country

BR

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS16

My Question or Issue

After the heart button being transformed into the circle, i became unable to put the same song twice in a playlist. If i try to put the song on a playlist it will just ‘uncheck’ the song from the playlist. How do i do to be able of repeat the song in my playlists?

After this recent update doesn’t seem to let me do that anymore.

the newest updates make it so when I go to add a song to my playlist multiple times i cant

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS 15.7.5

I can’t add the same song to a playlist twice. I’ve seen this is a common issue at the moment with many users however, a lot of people still can add the same song more than once and I was wondering how they can do it but I can’t. I don’t have a laptop or anything, I just use the Spotify app on my phone. Can anyone help me fix this issue? or at least say if Spotify is trying to fix it and if i’ll be able to do it again. 

Suggested posts