Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicated albums?

Solved!

Duplicated albums?

Hi guys, I don't know if this is intentional, but I find very annoying this:

- I like a song. Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 11.01.15.png

- Some time after (maybe weeks, maybe more, maybe less since I don't know the reason) I go to the song's album, and it is not marked as liked.Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 11.02.13.png

- However, in my library it is liked and saved, and even going to the "same" album through clicking in my saved song shows it as liked.

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 11.03.41.png

It is like there were albums duplicates or something similar. And it is really annoying because sometimes my friends like the same song, but going through their playlists don't show me the song liked, so I am not able to identify my already liked songs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @thmasker,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

The behavior you're describing can happen when an album gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs. For now we suggest that you unlike the "old" track in the liked songs or saved album and replace it with the new one.

We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @thmasker,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

The behavior you're describing can happen when an album gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs. For now we suggest that you unlike the "old" track in the liked songs or saved album and replace it with the new one.

We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator

This is really annoying, please fix this soon!

Hey @Wenzel_,

Thanks for the post.

We'd suggest you head over to this Idea thread and add your +Vote there. 

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts