NEXT STEP

Empty playlists

Empty playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

My Question or Issue

Recently I found I have at least two playlists that I have no memory of creating. They are both of favourite artists of mine and the playlist names are the same as one of the artist's albums in each case. There are no songs in either of these playlists.

When I ask my Google Home to play the artist, it automatically goes to these playlists then says "sorry, something went wrong" (presumably because the lists are empty).

I have tried deleting the playlists - now I can't see them anymore, but Google Home still tries to play them (and fails) when I ask it to play either of these artists.

Can anyone help me sort this out? TIA

1 Reply

Hey there @mlh156,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are, it's a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues. 

You can also try logging in on your Account page and going to ''Apps'' in the menu on the left side. There you can see all third party apps that are connected to your account and we'd recommend that you "Remove Access" for the apps that you don't recognize.

There might be an app that you have connected that has caused the lists to appear.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if you see the lists on all your devices and their models and OS version.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts