Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Error: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

When I try to play any track in the app in my PC windows 10, I'm getting the following error: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

This only happens in the app, if I try to play from the webplayer it works fine.

I have tried so far:

- restarting

- updating the app

- logging out and in again

- uninstalling, downloading again and installing

None of them work. Please advise.

Thanks,

David

3 Replies

Hey @davebcn,

Sorry to see this has happened to you!
You have done some great troubleshooting so far, but here's what we can also do:

I'd first recommend clearing all the host files that might be affecting the proper behavior of the app. To do so, follow the steps mentioned in this post (even though it's a different issue).

If this doesn't do the trick, we can go for a complete clean reinstall of the app as well to remove all Spotify-related files from your device.

Let us know how it goes!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

none of this has worked. 

Hey @dante23ross,

Could you check if the correct audio output device has been selected for Spotify? You'll find a detailed guide on how to do that here. Make sure also that the sample rate of the device is set to anywhere between 44.1 kHz and 192 kHz.

Keep us posted on this. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts