Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Various

Operating System

Various

My Question or Issue

I'm sure I reported this like 4 YEARS ago and was told Spotify was working on it, so here we go again.

STOP PUTTING DIFFERENT ARTISTS WITH THE SAME NAME AS ARTISTS PEOPLE FOLLOW FOLLOW IN PEOPLE'S RELEASE RADARS!

Seriously, you KNOW the difference between artists with the same name, I'm sure you have some hashcode or GUID or whatever behind the artist name that enables you to distinguish between multiple artists that happen to have the same name.

SO WHY IS IT YOU LOSE THAT DISTINCTION IN RELEASE RADARS?

I'm seriously sick of getting excited to hear some indie band I love has a new single out for the first time in years to find its some random south american hip hop artist with the same name. I'm sick of getting excited to hear of some electronic artist I love has a new album out to find its some metal band with the same name. I'm sick of listening to my release radar on my phone with headphones to suddenly be confronted by some music that I find to be **bleep** horrible because you can't get round to sorting out this stupid, bizarre bug that I'm sure would probably take a dev like a couple of hours to add some guid check.

For goodness sake ACTUALLY FIX THIS ALREADY

21 Replies

Mihail

Hey everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to report this issue to us.

We want to again look into this, but we need your help to gather some information.

Please provide us with URIs of artists that appear in your Release Radar and are not the ones you follow. You can find instructions on how to bring up a Spotify URI here.

What's important for us to also understand is, if at the time of your release radar, both artists had their dedicated artist page, so please highlight this in your posts.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

timerickson

This is a duplicate of this thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Release-Radar-includes-wrong-artist-with-same-name-as-...

Please upvote there so we can show how many are having this issue in one place. 

Suggested posts