Country

Spain

Device

(iPhone 6s, Macbook Pro 2015)

Operating System

(iOS 13.4, MacOSCatalina)

My Question or Issue

Hello Spotify Community.

I recently started to use Spotify instead of managing my own music in iTunes, so I am a bit new to all of this.

My question is if there is a way to filter a playlist (by artist, or album, or a random word) and then listen to the results of the filtered playlist only.

For example: lets say I filter my "acoustic time" playlist by the word 'love'. I would like to listen ONLY the songs that pass that filter (those which have the word 'love' in either their title, album, or artist).

NOTE: this only works in the default playlist "Liked songs". Dont know why.

I am not able to do this in my computer nor in my phone. Pls halp.

Thanks in advance!!

1.png
2.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi nataliapuf,

Welcome to the Spotify Community. On your computer, after filtering your playlist by a keyword(s), you can select all the tracks and add them to the queue by pressing [Command + A], right-clicking on any of the highlighted tracks, and then selecting “Add to queue.” Then these tracks from your playlist that contain the keyword(s) that you chose will play next.

While it is not yet possible to select multiple tracks at once on the mobile app (i.e. to add to the queue from filtered songs of a playlist), you can vote for this idea here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Add-Delete-multiple-Songs-at-once/idi-p/1001523

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi nataliapuf,

Welcome to the Spotify Community. On your computer, after filtering your playlist by a keyword(s), you can select all the tracks and add them to the queue by pressing [Command + A], right-clicking on any of the highlighted tracks, and then selecting “Add to queue.” Then these tracks from your playlist that contain the keyword(s) that you chose will play next.

While it is not yet possible to select multiple tracks at once on the mobile app (i.e. to add to the queue from filtered songs of a playlist), you can vote for this idea here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Add-Delete-multiple-Songs-at-once/idi-p/1001523

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same issue here. Hope Spotify will make this happen soon!

Suggested posts