Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Folders and Playlists

Folders and Playlists

I have created folders and playlists with the Spotify app on my Chromebook. However, the folders are out of order on my iPhone and it will not sync. I have restarted all the devices and connected them to the same wifi network, but it still will not sync. Please advise. 

6 Replies

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you are having syncing issues with your files. Usually, if you put them in the order you want on a desktop it should transfer over to a mobile device just fine. Maybe you could try deleting the files and restart the file. It may just be a syncing error or a bug. 

I am not an expert. 

If you have any other questions feel free to comment!

Hello @santacruzer

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

To make the order on your mobile reflect the one form your desktop:

• go to your Library
  • go to the list you’d like to filter (e.g. Playlists), 
  • pull the screen down, 
  • choose Filter
  • choose Custom order

SearchFilter.gif

Now the order should be the same as on your desktop.

You can read more on Sort and Filter feature in this support article

I hope it helps!

Thanks, but it did not work. They are not synched and the filter function is not really helpful.

The folders and playlists are not aligned at all. In fact, the folders and the playlists on the mobile device are in an entirely different order than they were before, all without my doing -- phantom re-ordering. 

Is there a way to manually manage the folders and files on the iPhone, or just the Desk Top? And to be clear, the 'desk top' I am referring to is the Spotify App on the Chromebook, which works great by the way.  

Hi @santacruzer

Thanks for your response!

It's possible to manually change the order of your playlists only on desktop. 

After choosing the Custom order option in the Filter function on mobile, it should mirror the order form your desktop.

After that, anytime you change the order on your desktop should be automatically displayed on mobile. 

However, if you still see some misalignments, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

It's also good to check if you're logged in to the same account on both devices. 

You can also take a look at this idea. If that's something you're interested in, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the updates on that case. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Thanks! The clean re-install worked. 

You're welcome @santacruzer!

Glad to hear it did the trick 🙂

Have a great day! 

Suggested posts