Followed artists only shows a few songs

Solved!

Followed artists only shows a few songs

Plan 

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

(Macbook 15" late 2013, Desktop PC, iPhone X)

Operating System

(iOS 13, Windows 10, OSX)

My Question or Issue

Hi all!

I've been annoyed by a problem for quite a while but haven't gotten around to trying a fix so now I hope you can help me!

I have followed a bunch of artists, but for some reason a few of them only lists a select amount of songs when pressing on said artist. I want to be able to access the artists page and not just a select number of songs when choosing any artist. I have attached a few screenshots to show the problem. Here Alt-J is one of the "problematic" artists and Daft Punk shows how I want it to show up.

I feel like I've tried everything so I really hope that someone here knows what to do to solve this problem! 

Thanks!

Artist example songs.PNG
Artist example page.PNG
Artists homepage.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Emilia!

Thank you for your fast response! So with your input I've come to the conclusion that to have the ability to choose an artist and go directly to the Artist's page I cannot have both artist and said artist's albums added to my library. Removing the albums from the "Album Menu" removed the songs, from this album, from the artist under the "Artist Menu" and I can now go directly to the Artist's page by clicking on said artist. 

I'm just ironing out the point in case anyone else is in the same position as me and stumbles upon this post.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

2.png
1.PNG
3.PNG
3 Replies

Hello @Schlossice

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

On the first screenshot, under the band's name, you can see the option to view artist page. You should be able to see the whole discography there. 

It might display that way when accessing an artist page via your library, because at first it will show just the songs you've saved/liked or songs that are in albums you've saved. 

I hope it helps! 

Marked as solution

Hi Emilia!

Thank you for your fast response! So with your input I've come to the conclusion that to have the ability to choose an artist and go directly to the Artist's page I cannot have both artist and said artist's albums added to my library. Removing the albums from the "Album Menu" removed the songs, from this album, from the artist under the "Artist Menu" and I can now go directly to the Artist's page by clicking on said artist. 

I'm just ironing out the point in case anyone else is in the same position as me and stumbles upon this post.

Thanks again!

2.png
1.PNG
3.PNG

Hi @Schlossice

You're welcome!

You can still view the artist page, even with songs/albums in your library, but the first page will just show the content that is saved to your library. It's just not direct, as you've noticed and there's one additional step to do that. 

To display the general page, you need to click the View artist page under their name. 

I hope you have a great day and if you have any further questions, feel free to ask! 

Suggested posts