Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Following Artist only 1 song

Solved!

Following Artist only 1 song

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

HP Laptop Windows 10 and LG smartphone Android

Operating System

Android Ver 9 / Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I follow some artists I see only 1 song when I go to this artist. I already tried to remove the artist, follow it again and I still see only 1 song.

Attached files:

Capture01.png - screenshot of the artist in Artists list

Capture02.png - screenshot when I open the artist from artists list

Capture03.png - screenshot after clicking on "View artist page" which shows there are many more songs

The same applies to Spotify on my LG Q60 smartphone

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Peter

Capture02.PNG
Capture01.PNG
Capture03.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

This is because you have only one song LIKED from this artist.
When you like songs from an artist, then click on that artist from your Library, you'll be redirected to a page when you have all the songs that you liked from that artist.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

This is because you have only one song LIKED from this artist.
When you like songs from an artist, then click on that artist from your Library, you'll be redirected to a page when you have all the songs that you liked from that artist.

Have a nice day.

Hey @PeterNZ61!

Just a heads up I’ve replied to you over on Twitter. Let’s continue our conversation there, if you need any further help feel free to shout.

Best, 

Thank you for your reply. I meanwhile found this too. Just to summarize my experience:

I follow an artist. If I select this artist in the Artists list I see all their songs, info, concerts and releases etc. If I then like one of their songs that view changes. All I ever see is this one song and nothing else. Do I want to listen to other songs or releases or read their info etc I need to select "View artist" and I will see the artist's page.

What idea is behind this design escapes my understanding. In order to fix this I did the following: I created a new playlist called favorites. I moved all songs from the default playlist Liked Songs to this new playlist. Then I deleted everything in Liked Songs. In the future I will not like a song but rather add it to my playlist Favorites.

The only thing which bugs me is, I wonder if Spotify determines what I like based on the songs I liked. This might have an impact on what Spotify sends me as suggestions.

A preferred solution to me would be if there would be a switch in the settings where I can chose something like "Restrict artist view to liked songs only".

Thank you all for your help.

Cheers

Peter

Suggested posts