Free/Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone X, iPad Pro 2019 and Web

Operating System

iOS 14, Windows 10 Home

My Question or Issue

In 2019 I sent a similiar message saying that when selecting Following for artists some are added successfully while some are not. - https://bit.ly/39ZsF2T

It seems comical that just selecting Following is like a lottery in that some artists will get added, some don't.  Even more random is that I can select Following on one system but when I go to another OS it shows Follow still instead of Following.

This issue has been happening continually since, I have been using both free and premium services however there does not seem to be any difference which service I use.

I would like to start using the Premium service again but at present see no point in doing so when Spotify can't get the basics right and adding an artist seems to be an ongoing problem I have had and I know others have had since 2019.

If Spotify or anyone can try and find a solution why the Following function does not work all the time, then let me know.

Thanks

Greg

4 Replies

Hey @greg1704

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

In this case, we recommend you to reinstall Spotify on your devices - you can find the steps here. Also, it would be great if you could clean your devices' cache, to see if that makes a difference.

Also, would you mind letting us know if this is happening with every artist or with some specific ones?

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey @greg1704 

This sounds similar to an issue I posted about. Can you confirm that this sounds like the same issue you are having?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Artists-section-of-Library-no-longer-works-after-follo...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

This issue has been ongoing for about 3 years.  I've given up with my premium subscription as it makes the service unworkable.

I have cleared the cache, didn't fix it.

I have uninstalled the app, didn't fix it.

The issue is it is so random no one will bother to look into it.

This has happened with the following artists:

Bob Dylan

Chelsea Wolfe

Gabby Barrett

Kacey Musgraves

Lord Huron

Manchester Orchestra

Miranda Lambert

Molly Payton

Sigur Ros

I add them selecting Follow - it switches to Following.  I then close the app down then reopen it and it shows as Follows.  If I am lucky and I would say this happens with about 1 in 20 artists, the Following option does stay for some artists but as I say very rarely.

This is driving me insane and so I hate using the service because of this. 

While no one will care you have not got my subscription, I still feel it needs looking into.

Using iPad Pro (2019) running iOS 14.6 and Spotify version 8.6.30.968

Hey @greg1704

Thanks for providing us with more info about this. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network (for example, if this is happening when you're connected to 3G/4G, try switching to a WiFi connection). 

If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example, by restarting your router). Give it a try and let us know the outcome.  

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

Suggested posts