Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free, playlist issue

Free, playlist issue

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Have been trying free prior to subscribing, suddenly on phone I no longer have control of playlist, plays whatever it likes but PC is fine also phone no longer working with car although phone is connected. 

3 Replies

Hey there @stevegv8,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

When you create a new free account on Spotify, the first 7 days you get our first trial and your account functions almost as a Premium one for the week. This means you can play songs on demand and listen to the tracks in albums in sequence.

After this initial 7 day period is over you can only listen to albums in shuffle mode and cannot play songs on demand on mobile. We have some special playlists where there are songs you can play whenever you want - for example the Daily mixes.

On the desktop version you can play any song directly even with a free account. 

When it comes to not being able to play songs in your car, could you let us know exactly what the issue is? Are you connected via Bluetooth or our connect feature.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Your explanation of how the free account works is kind of what I assumed and solved now that I have signed up monthly. 

The car issue was it works in all 4 cars but one of them had started to play up. I have replaced the head unit now and so it is also Ok.
My only moan is I can't fast forward or rewind to a place within a track from the car units controls as you can with discs or USB memory sticks and have to fiddle with the phone to do it.
Otherwise seems Ok so far. 

Thanks for getting back to us @stevegv8

It's great to hear that you were able to figure things out and that you're back on track.

You're right that right now we don't have the option to rewind/fast forward from the steering wheel but we recommend leaving a +Vote on this idea to support it.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts