Student Plan/Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel 4

Operating System

Android 12 

My Question or Issue

It won't let me scroll to the left to see my other genres, a few weeks ago i could still scroll to see all of them. I have reinstalled and cleared the cache several times.

Screenshot_20220225-214424.png
79 Replies

I figured it out how to solve it this issue for now. 

I went to a genre of songs of songs that I don't in my like songs "sleep" and added a song via pulling up the menu and selecting the like song/ heart icon. I then returned to liked songs and it was moving once again. 

I'm not sure if adding a song of the same genre/mood you have already in your like songs would work but the solution I've found definitely fixed the issue for now.

Glad to be of service, donnie out!

This would be great except the latest version available on the Play Store is 8.7.26.901.

Your post suggests there's a newer version but it doesn't exist.

Instead of making up excuses, just fix your software and be done with it!

Hey @Fautbaxter,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Our tech team is currently working on a fix. We'd really appreciate your help in resolving this issue faster. Could you provide us some device setup information like brand/model and operating system? 

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

this has fixed with app version 8.7.26.901 for me. Thanks heaps for fixing it !

I've had this exact issue for quite a while now and it's been beyond frustrating. It started off where it would only happen occasionally, and the scroll bar would still generally work. However, eventually the scroll bar just stopped working, and I haven't been able to use it for months now. I've updated Spotify to the version 8.7.28.1217, with no change. I have a Google pixel 6 running Android 12. This problem is extremely irritating and no solution has worked as of yet.

Hey @jay1456

Thanks for the info you've sent, we've gone ahead and passed it to the team in charge. 

If you need a hand with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have tge latest version (v8.7.30.1221) as of may 13 2022. And i use android 12 and i still have the genre scroll problem. Ive reinstalled app nothing. Is there maybe a patch online i can download?

Hey @DJMaxiePad,

Thanks for the reply and the device setup information. We have relayed it to the right team.

Our tech team is currently investigating the issue and will soon prepare a fix. We cannot give an exact timeframe, but can advise you to keep your app always up to date, so you don't miss on important updates.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Version 8.7.32.1554, model Google pixel 5 and experiencing this issue. Have been for months, although many weeks back it was briefly scrolling fine for a day or two before breaking again. Cheers

Hey, I'm still having this issue. Been having it for months.

Spotify 8.7.36.905

Android 12, Security Update May 5, 2022

Pixel 4a 5G

I'm still having problems with the mood filter thing after updating it to 8.7.36.905

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and for the provided information.

@Aaroon and @rustiee - we've passed your information to the team that's looking into this.

@Keshaun65 - would you mind sending away your device + OS?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am also having this issue. I have done a clean reinstall and it still doesn't work. Please find a fix soon. This has been ongoing for months now and I have premium.

Screenshot_20220616-094239_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20220616-090829_Spotify.jpg

Unfortunately, this issue has reappeared after being fixed previously.

Version 8.7.38.665

Android 12, Pixel 6

I've also been having this same problem.

I have a Samsung Note 9

Spotify version: 8.7.38.670

Android version: 10

I have been having the same issue.

I have done a clean reinstall and it did not work, maybe they should delete the link to that post cause I haven't seen anyone who said otherwise.

I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra

I am the recipient of a duo account 

I am running 8.7.42.943

I see no available update

I have the same issue, since I first saw the feature it has never scrolled. I pay for premium family plan for over 6 years now.

I did a clean reinstall, but the issue persists.

Is there an 'Ongoing Issue' open for this yet? It's been occurring for over 3 months now with no workaround or reliable fix.

My device is Samsung Galaxy S10, running Android 12.

My Spotify app version is 8.7.42.943

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your latest reports here.

We've passed your details to our tech folks, and explained to them that this is still occurring for some of you here. They are still looking into it and we'll keep you updated as soon as we have some news to share. Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features.

Have a good day and stay safe!

Kiril Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been having the same problem, it started a few days ago. I have a samsung galaxy s9 plus, android 10 and app version 8.7.44.968. I've tried restarting my phone, reinstalling the app, I tried the clean reinstall, just about everything. Nothing has fixed the issue. Has anyone found a solution yet?

I've had this issue ever since the feature was implemented.

Deleted app and cleared cache and data.

On galaxy S10 

android 12,

Suggested posts