Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting Local Files onto my iPhone

Getting Local Files onto my iPhone

I am attempting to play local files from my computer (mp3 files) on my iPhone 7 Spotify app. I followed step by step instructions to enable local files on my computer, and I was able to make a playlist with local files on my laptop Spotify (and I can listen). However, they refuse to download to my iPhone when I click download. I can see the playlist name on my phone, but it has 0 songs in it. I have tried to click the enable sync from desktop in settings, and even disabled my computer firewall, but there are still no songs showing up in my iPhone playlist. 

2 Replies

I'm having the exact same problem, worked fine a couple of weeks back. Now it does not.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, just came across this thread.

In this situation we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the on both of your devices. You can follow the steps in this guide, to see how to clear the app data and install the app anew. 

Also let us know if both of your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network while uploading the songs. This means that you should have the app open both on the phone and the PC while uploading the songs on the computer.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts