Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ghost Podcasts reappearing in personal playlists after a year or so, then disappeared again

Ghost Podcasts reappearing in personal playlists after a year or so, then disappeared again

Plan

Premium

Country

Viet Nam

Device

(Dell Inspiron 14 3000)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

As shown below, there are several greyed out podcasts (removed/deleted) that aren't supposed to be displayed due to recent UI update removing the option to hide/unhide unplayable songs. However, after a sudden occurrence of Spotify not loading properly, they popped up again much to my surprise. I accidentally saved a few of them instead of deleting them immediately so now they are stuck in the 'Your Episodes' tab. My question is can I somehow make them appear again so that I can remove all of the ghost podcasts in order to clean this playlist once and for all?

proof.png
proof 2.jpg
proof 3.jpg
10 Replies

Hey hey @ducc_anx!

Thanks for reaching out. This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

With the current desktop app setting unplayable tracks/podcasts are automatically visible, the toggle option to hide them is available only on mobile.

We used to have an ongoing issue about ''ghost podcasts'' showing in the Your episodes folder but it should be fixed by the latest version of the app. 

Can you let us know if you've already tried any troubleshooting, for example - log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try clear your desktop app's cache and perform a reinstall to get rid of any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if you still see the podcasts on other devices and on the web player as well.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've tried logging out and logging in again but that didn't work. I'll give clean reinstalling a try and see how it goes.

I also haven't seen the removed podcast on my mobile devices (Iphone 7 IOS 15.1.1) since it had been removed. The only time I saw ghost podcasts reappearing again was on my laptop as aforementioned.

I've finished doing a clean reinstall and nothing seemed to change, still 14 songs in the playlist even though nothing is being displayed.

image_2021-12-05_020336.png

Hey @ducc_anx.

Thanks for your swift responses.

We're sorry to hear that the reinstall didn't do it for you. We hope we've understood correctly that you see this issue only on your laptop (using the desktop app). Can you share the current version number of your Spotify desktop app, so we can investigate this further.

Could we ask you to check if you still see the removed podcasts on the web player as well? This will be helpful for our investigation of the situation, so thanks again in advance.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator

1st picture is the current version of Spotify app I'm using.

2nd one is, as you suggested, the removed podcasts displayed wrongly on the web player. Note that these are the ones I accidentally saved while clearing in the Desktop app. Moreover, what I find interesting is that if the 6 ghost podcasts appearing in the 'Your Episode' tab is excluded, there're still 8 other ones left in my playlist. 

image_2021-12-05_184724.png
2.jpg

Hey @ducc_anx,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

We've asked our tech folks to try some things backstage.

Could you please log out and back in twice? Then you can try running one last clean reinstall so the app can sync up fully.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator

Sure thing, I'll let you know once it's done.

Unfortunately, it was to no avail. 

Hi again @ducc_anx,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop here.

Sorry this has not resolved the situation for you. In this case, we suggest you contact the folks from Customer Support who can take a deeper look into your account and help you with it.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts