Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Grey Songs in Liked-playlist

Grey Songs in Liked-playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016

Operating System

MacOS Catalina

My Question or Issue

There are over 2000 tracks in my liked songs, but they are all grey. I want to delete them all, but nothing works. They are not local files, and also not songs that are not available on Spotify, but it does say so.

Schermafbeelding 2020-04-29 om 20.50.12.png
1 Reply

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear that. We have encountered several complaints regarding the same issue. This problem might either be because your Spotify is not updated or it's a bug which Spotify is working on fixing and will fix sooner or later. Spotify is continuously working on updating its applications and provide bug-fixes to all updates on all platforms across the globe. But there are a couple of things you could try out.

1. Make sure you have atleast more than 250 MB of space remaining on your device. 

2. If you have Spotify installed on your phone, try re-installing the application.

3. Make sure both your PC and Phone are connected to the same WI-FI network, try playing songs over different devices. 

4. Make sure you've de-selected 'Offline Mode' as well as 'Show local files' options  on your devices.

5. Try deleting all the cache memory.  

6. Lastly, try changing your offline storage settings. You could change the storage location. 

I'm attaching some images below for better understanding. 

If the problem still persists, please visit the hyperlinks mentioned below. I'm sure they could be of some help. If it still doesn't work out, then it's surely a bug which will definitely be fixed in the future updates. 

Troubleshoot 1 

Troubleshoot 2 

I hope I could be of some help. If you did find this helpful, I'd be glad and thankful if you mark this as a solution.

If there is anything else, you would like me to help you with, please feel free to text back. We're really sorry for the trouble, just know it surely will be rectified. 

Thanks and cheers! 

Have a great day ahead!

offline storage.PNGLocal files.PNG

Suggested posts