Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

(iPhone 11)

Operating System

(iOS 14)

My Question or Issue

I want my downloaded albums to be grouped by bands like its in Itunes, Ive downloaded discographies of some bands but its difficult to handle album by album. Is it possible?

Also I want the albums of an artist to be listed by chronological order not alphabetical order. Is it also possible?

Last of all, can I make a list of albums or bands that I want to give a try later?

5 Replies

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

You can sort your saved albums by artist, so the ones from the same artist are listed together. You just need to go to Your Library > Albums and tap on the Sort by menu (two arrows in the upper left corner of the albums) and select Creator. More info here.

When using that sorting, the albums will appear grouped by artist and in chronological order from newest to oldest.

Lastly, although there isn't a kind of ''listen to this later'' feature in the app, you can create a playlist and add the albums or songs you'd like to listen to later, so they're at hand for when you have the time or are in the mood to listen to them.

Hope you find this info useful. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thank you for your detailed answer. But when I order albums by creator, they are not listened by chronological order or alphabetical. Artists are listed by alphabetical order, but albums of the same artist are mixed.

Hi there @user-removed,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Ive downloaded Spotify only a few days ago there shouldnt be much cache files etc. And I have downloaded lots of albums, I dont want to download them again. Will I delete all my music archive everytime i counter a problem on the app? Albums are not ordered by chronological or alphabetical and its not useful ar all. And why cant I list my downloaded music by bands not albums like in Itunes, its hard to find what I look for. A proper classification shouldnt be a problem for an app like this.

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for the post.

We've looked further into this and it looks liek there is no way to sort downloaded albums by Creator and Chronological order at the same time.

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts