HiFi - Lossless - where are you

Solved!
Reply

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

dickdevilder
Newbie

Unbelievable. The arrogance of Spotify simply not informing the subscribers for more than two years now if they have plans for high-res audio. I don't get this ignorance.

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

SnakeReed
Music Fan
And let’s not forget Amazon just offer HD or Lossless streaming. So while Tidal and QBuz aren’t as big Amazon is a major player everywhere else. Even if 80% of your subscribers enjoy the 320k you are pissing off the others. And we ARE willing to pay the extra. What is there to think about??

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

SpotifyGerg
Gig Goer

Just to add to Snake's most recent reply, specifically the part about (paraphrased slightly) "Even 80% of... the users are satisfied with the codec and the 320 kbps, Spotify potentially is alienating the other 20%.....," it's worth noting that the 80% could still keep their $9.99 Premium subscription as is if they don't want to pay for full res+ HD sound.  That's how amazon does it.  People don't have to go hi-res, but they can.

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

subfader
Casual Listener

I just tested Amazon Music HD and the app is a joke just like Tidal. I doubt people leave Spotify to use Amazon Music haha.

Here is my in depth review 

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/dlzq43/amazon_music_unlimited_hd_is_so_bad_d/

 

I made my peace with Spotify now. The UI is the best on the planet and the codec is quite ok and more then enough for my main use case: Bluetooth headphones.

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

SnakeReed
Music Fan
I agree. I don’t like the app. And I don’t think it’s just that I’m used to Spotify or Apple. The ladder I like both interfaces. So I wouldn’t ditch Spotify for Amazon unless does a full overhaul of the app. Sound wise I thought it was great

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

anglomilian
Casual Listener

Here is no reason to talk about sound quality if you're using bluetooth headphones. So 320kbs is the best choice for you.

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

SnakeReed
Music Fan
I listen to music thru a variety of stuff. True if you listening thru earbuds or a cheaper speaker 320 is fine. But I also listen thru my high end. I prefer to sit down and let the music surround me. With my expensive system I didn’t really notice the difference until I played lossless back to back to 320

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

subfader
Casual Listener
I also have a hifi setup at home but there I listen to own iTunes library. Of course I wish I could have lossless Spotify for that but they don’t and I’m fine with that now. Life goes on!

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

SnakeReed
Music Fan
To each his own. I want it all lol

Re: HiFi - Lossless - where are you

RalphieLu
Visitor
Lossless would definitely be a nice option as Spotify's current ogg vorbis format for encoding is not terrible by all means, but compression can for sure be noted on some songs more than others particularly with the snare drums and cymbals lacking somewhat. That being said, Spotify's community and library can't be matched, and lossless would make playlists an even greater joy to listen to
SUGGESTED POSTS