Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hidden recommended playlists of 50 songs each

Solved!

Hidden recommended playlists of 50 songs each

Hi there,

Long time Spotify user here. Recently I was doing a search for classical music playlists and came across one that was extremely familiar.

Turns out this playlist (named "Relaxing classical piano music") says it was "Made for" me with 100 likes and 50 songs in it. I never made it, and it isn't findable on my "Made for you" part of Spotify. It isn't a genre mix (no "Mix" in the playlist name), nor an artist, daily, or decade mix.

What feature is this? I did a search for "picked just for you" and I found a ton of other playlists with 50 songs in it, each customized for me based on my previous likes. Is this a hidden feature? Is there a better way to find it except for searching for "picked just for you"?

Attached is a screenshot of some of my search results.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ccheng555,

Thanks for your posts and apologies that it took us some time to reply. 

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. The playlists you have stumbled upon, are currently one such test feature and are generated based on common voice commands.

As this is still something we're testing, it's not part of the main Spotify experience, so this is why it can be found only via the search you mentioned.

We hope this clears things up. Take care!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Apologies, my attachment didn't seem to have gone up with my initial post

spotify.jpg

Marked as solution

Hey @ccheng555,

Thanks for your posts and apologies that it took us some time to reply. 

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. The playlists you have stumbled upon, are currently one such test feature and are generated based on common voice commands.

As this is still something we're testing, it's not part of the main Spotify experience, so this is why it can be found only via the search you mentioned.

We hope this clears things up. Take care!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts