Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hidden songs under album but not artist

Hidden songs under album but not artist

New to Spotify from Apple Music. I added lots of full albums to my albums list and then went through these and hid songs I don't like. This is great for when I want to listen a particular album on my album list without hearing songs I don't like. But under the artist tab, for a particular artist I see all the albums and songs I have added via the album list but this list includes all songs for each album, including the songs I hid on the album list. This is not great for when I want to listen to a particular artist and don't want to hear the songs I don't like.

Any way around this?

I use android app.

3 Replies

Hey @marcusj21,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You should still be able to see the hidden songs as greyed out when you open the album itself, They should how ever not be playable unless unhidden via the three dot menu. If this feature doesn't act as expected it's a good idea to clean reinstall Spotify on the device where this occurs. This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. 

If that doesn't fix things, we'd appreciate a couple of screenshots of what you see at your end. You can use the Insert Photo option in the Post Editor, just make sure to hide any private/ sensitive info. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Mihail 

Thanks for the reply. You are right, under artist when I open the album I see the greyed out hidden songs and they don't play but thats not what I'm after as that means I have to play a specific album. When I look at an artist I follow that I have added lots of albums for, I see the albums in my library but when I shuffle play the artists it plays through these albums but includes the sings I've previously hidden. What if want to listen to my library for a particular artist shuffled without hearing the songs I don't like?

Thanks

Hi @marcusj21!

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device? Also, does this happen when using Connect, or only when you're using one device?

On another note, could you send over the URIs of the track you've hidden and the one that is still played to check if they're different versions of the same song?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts