Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hide Songs in Custom Playlists

Hide Songs in Custom Playlists

There is a "Hide Song" feature that exists in Spotify-Created personalized playlists such as Discover Weekly, Repeat Rewind, Daily Mixes, On Repeat etc (See second option in list on screenshot below). This is an excellent feature.

I would like to request that this "Hide Song" feature be added and function in exactly the same way it presently does, but for all user-created playlists. While ideally on every platform, I'd appreciate Mobile/Android/iOS for a start.

Currently, I have to copy the playlist into a new one and remove the songs that I want to skip temporarily. It'd be miles easier and less admin to have the "Hide Song" feature readily available. I know I am not the only one who would find this incredibly useful and I don't think such a feature could be used maliciously.

I guess the way I see it working is that the hidden songs are only hidden for the account user, but on public playlists the hidden songs would be visible to everyone. However I'm not too fussed on this element, since I mainly need this feature for myself. So however you implement that aspect is fine with me, do it in the way that works for you!

Thanks for your consideration.

Screenshot_20220110-180338_Spotify.jpg
7 Replies

Hi there @KashK10,

We've moved your post to this help board because this feature already exists.

You can hide songs from user created playlists the same way you hide them from the Spotify created ones. Simply open the playlist, tap on the 3 dot menu next to the song's name and select Hide this song. 

If you're not able to do this, could you send us a video showing us the process you're following? This way we can take a better look at it.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi MafeG,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've tried this and you're right. I didn't realise but I'll be more specific, I would like this feature on self-created playlists if possible. So the playlists I've made. Because right now, from what I can see, it's not an option.

Thanks!

Hey @KashK10,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In this case you can check this idea as it seems similar to your suggestion. You can add your +Vote and Subscribe to it so you can stay up-to-date with any news about this.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks, I will. But 5 votes only since April of last year...guess I shouldn't be expecting this to be considered any time soon 😞

Hi @KashK10,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

As for now, we can't say when or if this will be implemented. However, as mentioned above - you can subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

That's a shame. It's a relatively minor feature and request that's already partially integrated, and I doubt it will necessarily garner the required amount of attention needed to be considered. This won't be a hugely demanded feature, but it'd be massive for those who are meticulous with their playlist organisation.

Nevertheless, I understand the rules/requirements, and I thank you for your time anyway.

Hello. I'm not quiet sure if I understood the problem. Do you want a hide a song in your own playlist on spotify? If yes, I can help. Just choose the song you want to hide and then go to that Album. Hide it in the Album and you should no longer see the song in your playlist ( but other people still can ).

Suggested posts