Home Page not Refreshing

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel 4a and HP desktop

My Question or Issue

At the top of my home page screen, both on mobile and desktop app, the same 4 albums have been suggested for months without refreshing. 3 of the albums I listened to once (over 4 months ago), and yet they are still the first thing I see whenever I open spotify. Is there a reason my home page is not updating/refreshing?!

Screenshot_20230516-163158.jpg
2 Replies

Hey @Rswin10,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Recommendations on the home page usually update when the algorithm has been able to gather enough data on your listening activity, but sometimes it can seem to be stuck if nothing changes. 

First up, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in two times in a row on your phone. It sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device. 

It's also a good idea to try following some new artists/ playlists and listening to music via the search option a few days. This should refresh your recommendations and the cards that appear on your home page.

If the issue persists after a while, we'd suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here. It'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and fixes and will remove any corrupted files from previous installations that might be interfering with the app's performance on your device. 

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey, thanks for your response.

I've tried all of your suggestions, but it still stays the same.

I'll do the clean reinstall a few more times, but I'm not optimistic haha. I use the app every day and listen to a wide variety of music so I think it unlikely that the algorithm things that nothing is changing, especially since it has been like this since January. Also, I regularly listen to new artists/playlists/albums and listen via the search option.

I think I will just have to get used to it for now.

Thank you again!

Suggested posts