Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I play 8D Audios with Spotify

How can I play 8D Audios with Spotify

Hi. I recently listen to youtube with 8D audios, saw that they have the same in spotify, but those 8D audios are not playable. Any help on how to enable it?

8 Replies

Hey there @nt_arugay,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

It'd be very helpful if you could share an example of such a song that you can't play on Spotify so we can take a closer look. 

Further, does this occur in a certain device or do you experience on all the devices you're using Spotify on? If this is only happening in a specific device, make sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app on that device.

We'll be keeping an eye on your reply!

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I play an 8D audio song from youtube, then I got the song's link in my spotify and play it. But the sound is different. I didn't  get the sensation 8d like in youtube.

for example for the 8D tunes :

- youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s512A0l3no

- spotify : https://open.spotify.com/track/0lYBSQXN6rCTvUZvg9S0lU?si=-PpZlDWJSca1kUL1ulbB1A

How to setting to get the 8D audio just like in youtube. THANKS 

I totally agree I wish you could listen to 8D audio on Spotify maybe add an icon if it’s available for that song and when you click it it plays is 8D?

I recently received an audio from  Pentatonix, with the Hallelujah song in "8D".  

I´m sure you´re aware of this 80's technology. But I could normally listen to its effects opening the file I received from a whatsapp friend (6.4Mb). It only makes sense if listened with headphones (left and right..both at the same time). 

As the file is bigger than the max limit for attachments here, I´m sharing the download link of the music file (mpeg).

<snip - Moderator Edit>

You need to go to settings and turn off mono audio. It makes it not match both headphones with the same audio causing 8d experience

Nope. turning off mono audio makes both speakes merge. It does not make 8D Audio

8D Audio is where the music is going from one speaker to the other in a circle fachion.

Front, Left, Back, Right in a circle is 8D

If you type in search 8D theres songs spectific for 8D

No you’re genuinely dumb. MONO means same. Mono audio is on by default. You need to turn it OFF.

Suggested posts