How can I work around the 10,000 song Library limit.

How can I work around the 10,000 song Library limit.

kramer27182
Music Fan

(Premium plan)

Recently, I tried to add a song to my collection only to see the error message "Epic Collection Friend, Your library is all filed up".

Some searching showed me that there is a Library (and Playlist) limit of 10,000 songs. (I'm at 9200 songs or but I guess full albums albums count extra-not sure why that is).

Some of the posts have suggested that I can move my songs to multiple Playlists which also have a 10,000 song limit. A lot of work, but okay.

But here's the thing, I want to be able to play my Library and randomly get any song in it. I can put a single Playlist on shuffle, but is there a way to randomly shuffle multiple playlists? Is there are way to add a Playlist to a Playlist?

A little help with a work around would be much appreciated.

I would pay extra to get my Library limit increase, but if I don't get a work around, I may have to switch to Google Music (which has a limit of 100,000 songs).

4 Replies

Re: How can I work around the 10,000 song Library limit.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hi there @kramer27182,

thanks for posting !

There's an active idea regarding the limit of 10,000 tracks.

Make sure to read all about it here and add your +VOTE to support it.

The "Ideas" section of the community is a great stage for users around the world to let Spotify know what they've liked and whats not and come up with new suggestions.

It helps promoting the users personal wishes and if you're having any doubts on how the feedback reaches Spotify, read all about it here

(ideas above a certain number of votes are considered and often implemented in the app).

To your next question, there's no current way to shuffle your hole libary.

As you can see, using this Spotify answer to learn how to post your idea may help you promote it.

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

OneByBooRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

kramer27182
Music Fan
Spoiler
Yeah I already voted for that idea. I'm not holding my breath though.

ericsinsideout
Regular
I was just looking into this myself and found out that the desktop app has an option to create playlist "folders" where you can store multiple playlists. Apparently the methodology to this is to create multiple playlists within the folder and then you can double click the folder to play all the music from all the contained playlists.

I'm trying to set it up now for myself, so fingers crossed that I don't waste all my time for nothing...

ericsinsideout
Regular
alright, just finished moving all of my liked songs into playlists (organized it alphabetically with a play list for A-B, C-D, and so on) all sorted into a single folder and double clicked said folder to play my music.

It work perfectly in shuffling all of my music!

Sure, this is one of the dumbest workarounds I've seen for anything, but I can at least confirm it works well enough to keep me from bemoning Spotify's stupid limit for now
SUGGESTED POSTS