Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I work around the 10,000 song Library limit.

Solved!

How can I work around the 10,000 song Library limit.

(Premium plan)

Recently, I tried to add a song to my collection only to see the error message "Epic Collection Friend, Your library is all filed up".

Some searching showed me that there is a Library (and Playlist) limit of 10,000 songs. (I'm at 9200 songs or but I guess full albums albums count extra-not sure why that is).

Some of the posts have suggested that I can move my songs to multiple Playlists which also have a 10,000 song limit. A lot of work, but okay.

But here's the thing, I want to be able to play my Library and randomly get any song in it. I can put a single Playlist on shuffle, but is there a way to randomly shuffle multiple playlists? Is there are way to add a Playlist to a Playlist?

A little help with a work around would be much appreciated.

I would pay extra to get my Library limit increase, but if I don't get a work around, I may have to switch to Google Music (which has a limit of 100,000 songs).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news! You can now save an unlimited number of songs and albums in your library. There is no more 10,000 limit for your library.

For more info check out the update on the posted idea and the blog post.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hi there @user-removed,

thanks for posting !

There's an active idea regarding the limit of 10,000 tracks.

Make sure to read all about it here and add your +VOTE to support it.

The "Ideas" section of the community is a great stage for users around the world to let Spotify know what they've liked and whats not and come up with new suggestions.

It helps promoting the users personal wishes and if you're having any doubts on how the feedback reaches Spotify, read all about it here

(ideas above a certain number of votes are considered and often implemented in the app).

To your next question, there's no current way to shuffle your hole libary.

As you can see, using this Spotify answer to learn how to post your idea may help you promote it.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Spoiler
Yeah I already voted for that idea. I'm not holding my breath though.

I was just looking into this myself and found out that the desktop app has an option to create playlist "folders" where you can store multiple playlists. Apparently the methodology to this is to create multiple playlists within the folder and then you can double click the folder to play all the music from all the contained playlists.

I'm trying to set it up now for myself, so fingers crossed that I don't waste all my time for nothing...

alright, just finished moving all of my liked songs into playlists (organized it alphabetically with a play list for A-B, C-D, and so on) all sorted into a single folder and double clicked said folder to play my music.

It work perfectly in shuffling all of my music!

Sure, this is one of the dumbest workarounds I've seen for anything, but I can at least confirm it works well enough to keep me from bemoning Spotify's stupid limit for now

I am relatively new to these issues. Am I understanding that we can have a much larger collection if we build it as playlists? Could I just create play lists for every album?

Marked as solution

Good news! You can now save an unlimited number of songs and albums in your library. There is no more 10,000 limit for your library.

For more info check out the update on the posted idea and the blog post.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@MattSuda how about the 10,000 song limits per playlist?

Hey @Blessedjac,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We can confirm that there isn't a set limit to the number of songs that you can add to a playlist - just keep in mind that having very large playlists can have an impact in the app's performance. Right now, the only set limit is of 10,000 downloaded songs in each device, in up to 5 different devices.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Hi CarlosE   From another thread it seems like when one is approaching 10,000 song in a playlist ( not a library) the limit will kick in.  I was really happy when I saw your response that the limit is finally removed and I’m building a playlist  approaching 10,000 to test it out. In another thread ~ Save, save , save ( another Spotify user could not get beyond 10,000 per playlist ) 

thanks in advance for your help 

Hey there @Blessedjac,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

As @CarlosE mentioned, having a large number of songs in one playlist can have an impact in the app's optimal performance.

In this case, we suggest splitting that large playlist into smaller ones.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Eni and @CarlosE

Upon hitting 10,000 songs( in a single playlist), I could not add in additional songs to this playlist. Instead an error will be displayed - “You filled this playlist to the max. “  Looks like Spotify has not removed the 10,000 limit for  a playlist.  Is this Spotify’s limitation? In the roadmap, is there anything planned in the next half a year to resolve this? Thanks 

Hey @Blessedjac

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks, as we always strive to improve your experience.

We currently don't have any more info to share about this limit. However, we'd recommend keeping an eye out on our Newsroom so you don't miss out on any update. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Novy hi Novy Appreciate your response but this isn’t a feedback.  Based on the last advice given - no limitation to a playlist  , I tried it out  and it failed. I’m here to share my inputs and as a paid subscriber I will like to know how I can get in touch with the right  folks you mentioned.  

thanks 

Hey @Blessedjac

Thanks for your reply, and apologies for any confusion. 

We can confirm that there is currently a limit of 10.000 songs in a playlist, and the error message you're seeing is expected. 

Also, keep in mind that there isn't a way to reach out to our internal teams directly, but rest assured that we'll be passing your comments.

We'll be here if you have any other questions. 

Take care.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

that is great news, i wasnt aware of the limit but glad to hear its been done away with.

unfortunately, I did recently accumulate over 10,000 songs and have been experiencing some significant issues. be it on my phone, my desktop, or my alexa i almost never get any response when I try to shuffle my library, I'm forced to instead choose a playlist which as you can understand defeats the purpose of accumulating a large and diverse library of music. any ideas?

Hey @1296097069,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Currently there is no limit for your Liked Songs playlist. We can confirm that there is a limit of 10.000 songs in a playlist. In case you have very large playlists, the app's performance could be affected. 

You can check this idea regarding the songs limit and add your +Vote. You can also Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

False. I'm a prob subscriber and I can't add more than 10,000 in my libraries.

Suggested posts