Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can i see how many songs are in my playlist?

How can i see how many songs are in my playlist?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung galaxy s10

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I'd like to be able to see how many songs I have in a playlist. It used to display that when you looked at the playlist, but now it doesn't for some reason.

On the screen with all playlists, it only says how many liked songs I have, not how many songs are in each playlist. 

Screenshot_20191001-131600_Spotify.jpg
10 Replies

Thanks for reaching out!

This feature was removed from Spotify in an update a little while back, but you can see how many songs are in a playlist if you go to add a song to a playlist.

Spotify is always testing and launching improvements and new features, you can learn more here whyYou can take a look at some of the other changes made to the interface recently here!

Have a great day 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

Pick any song, click 'add to playlist', do not add to any playlist and under the playlist names you will see a number of songs.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure what you mean. When I go to add a song to a playlist, it
simply comes up with all of the playlists without any indication of how
many songs are in each one. If I press on a playlist to add the song to, it
just says "added to playlist" and closes out the screen.

Is there any reason why they removed the feature of seeing how many songs
are in a playlist? To me that seems like such a silly thing to remove.

That doesn't work for me. It shows the playlists but not how many songs they have.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure what you mean. When I go to add a song to a playlist, it simply comes up with all of the playlists without any indication of how many songs are in each one. If I press on a playlist to add the song to, it just says "added to playlist" and closes out the screen.

Is there any reason why they removed the feature of seeing how many songs are in a playlist? To me that seems like such a silly thing to remove.

Hmm, that seems odd, are you sure you’re on the latest version of Spotify? This is what comes up for me when I go to add a new song to a playlist:

4239AA05-6775-4EA8-B514-F3EDC50E647F.jpeg

You can see the song number below your playlist name. Hopefully this helps!

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

Yep, I've just checked on the play store to ensure that it's the latest version.
I have the same screen except it doesn't say how many songs there are in each playlist.

Ahh okay, what it might be then is a Spotify test feature, this may explain a bit more about that.

Keep your app updated and you may get it back! For now, I recommend trying out the desktop version to see your song count, that's been a great help to me.

Hi, 

so I sent my playlist to my friend, because they wanted it and I discovered that on my phone (Samsung A 71) you can see how many songs are in your playlist, but you can only see how many songs you had at that moment, so it won't be updated. So for those who used to look up songs frequently it probably is too complicated, but for those who just want to check every so often this might help.

Yeah I liked that feature. Another Spotify fix it if it isn’t broken. Go to, for example, Throw Back 90’s, next to one of the songs, click on the 3 dots…. Click the add to playlist option. All of your playlists should pop with the number of tracks. 

Suggested posts