Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I delete songs stuck in my Liked Songs?

How do I delete songs stuck in my Liked Songs?

I use the Spotify app on my MacBook and on an Android phone. I am located in Belgium.

A few months ago while cleaning out my Liked Songs collection, I deleted every song in it while placing them in different playlists. Now, however, I would like to use Liked Songs again to make some sort of "superplaylist" with the very best songs in my collection.

The problem is that there are 3 songs I just cannot get out of there. No matter how many times I unlike them or right click and delete from the list, they reappear after a few seconds. This is very annoying since I am tired of hearing these songs and just want them gone.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

5 Replies

Try selecting a song then Fn+Backspace on the keyboard. 

I have tried using fn + backspace. What happens is that the heart icon goes black for 2 seconds and immediately turns white again. So basically it gets deleted and re-added immediately again. 

Hey @master_aang,

Thanks for posting 🙂

We'd suggest you restart your device and then to log out and log back in again. After that you can mark the first song you want to remove, press Ctrl+shift and click on the last one. If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can log in to your account on another device and try again. 

If the issue persists, you can send us a screen recording. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you very much for your help!

Restarting my device and logging out did not work. I eventually deleted
Spotify from all my devices in order to do a clean reinstall on just one of
them. While going to the website to redownload Spotify I saw the web player
and thought I may as well try there too.

For some reason, in the web player I could delete the songs without any
trouble. I do not know if the previous steps you advised had something to
do with it or not, but at least I am finally rid of the problem.

Thank you again 🙂

For anyone getting sent here for local files that get stuck in your liked songs list, I was able to unlike songs from a "bugged songs" playlist that I made before swapping to Spotify on my phone to unlike them. No uninstall on any devices needed! This resolved my problem and I now have a properly emptiable liked songs list (though hopefully I won't need to empty it again).

I believe my particular issue stemmed from when local songs on desktop could be downloaded to a linked phone if your liked songs list was set to download, and you liked the songs via the linked phone while they were playing on the desktop. This feature and/or bug existed back from at least 2019, though I imagine it may have lasted longer (and possibly still does, but I haven't seen anything on it).

Suggested posts