Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find my podcast episode play history?

How do I find my podcast episode play history?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I read about how to find my play history, but the problem is that it's only showing my recently played songs, but I want to see the history of my recently played podcasts (specific episodes, not just shows), so just wondering how would I find them?

11 Replies

This seems to be still not present in the Desktop App. Recently played podcast episodes I only see on the mobile App so I am using my mobile to start the stream on my computer. That is very poor. 

Hey @Multiwebby,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Episodes that you've played recently should appear with a blue progress bar on the right-hand side on Desktop when you open the page of the show. This indicates that you've played them previously.

Currently this is the only way to see which episodes you've played previously.

You can also, check which episodes you've played on the Mobile app.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Recently on April 12th, all the episodes that I had already heard of the podcast "El Grupo" on my library were not marked anymore as "heard". Just as if I never heard that Podcast before. The same thing happened to other friends. 

Is this a known problem? 

Hey there @eliahh,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

Could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one?

Additionally, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

@Eni thank you for your answer.

This problem happens across platforms, in all my devices. The new episodes that I listened to since then do get marked as "heard" and remain so for now, but the old ones are all still as "unheard".

My devices:

1) Mobile phone: Xiaomi Mi A9, Android 9, 1st August 2020 (see screenshot)

Spotify Android App version 8.6.28.700

2) Laptop HP Pavillion Gaming 15-cx0xxx

Spotify Windows App 1.1.59.714.g7e040462-a

Spotify Web Player on: Chome Web Browser Version 91.0.4472.77 (official Build) (64 bits)

I hope this helps you understand the issue.

Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 9.jpg

Hey @eliahh,

Thanks for getting back in touch and sending us this info.

Could you let us know if this is only happening with a specific podcast? If so, would you mind sending us its URI? To get it, open the Spotify desktop app > click the three dots next to the content > Share > Copy Spotify URI.

On another note, would you mind sending us some screenshots of what you're seeing on your end so we can take a closer look? Make sure not to send any private info.

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I can't know which other Podcasts have been affected by this problem, because I only had this one on my library:

https://open.spotify.com/show/5YFel2rQOEPRrm7ijD3jtK?si=XCdpXtnwRPm8N38NQk7mwg&utm_source=copy-link

So, I send you a screenshot of a regular episode that is marked as half heard, a full heard (the new ones) and another screenshot of older ones that I surely heard but appear as not heard. 

Screenshot_20210527-195126.png
Screenshot_20210527-195442.png
Screenshot_20210527-195143.png

Hi again @eliahh

Thanks for getting back in touch and sending us this info. 

The podcast episodes you already listened to should be indeed marked as played. There could have been an issue with the cache of the app and that info was lost.

We'll make sure to pass this info on to the right folks.

Let us know if this behavior persists in the upcoming days. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator

Is there any way to find a podcast episode I listened to about 6 or 7 months ago? I have been looking for it for a long time but it doesn't show up anywhere, I only remember the icon it had, not the name

Hey @shuttery,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

There is no integrated option to do so, but maybe our customer support team may find a solution for you. You can find out how to reach out to them here.

Hope this helps,

Cheers! 

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

1. Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I listened to a podcast episode that was later deleted. I want to know if I can still find the name of the episode somewhere and proof that I've played it.

Suggested posts