Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I turn off automatically liking songs when downloading an album?

How do I turn off automatically liking songs when downloading an album?

Hi all,

when I download an album for the offline use, Spotify automatically likes all the songs on this album for me. Is there a way to turn this off? I want to decide for myself what songs to like or not. 

Kind regards,

Evert-Jan

8 Replies

Hey @Evert-Jan1,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting your question here. 

As a heads-up, Spotify 'likes' or adds the albums you download for offline listening to the Albums section of Your Library without adding each song from the albums to your Liked Songs.

You can always choose which songs will be added to your Liked Songs by 'liking' each of them you'd like to be added to the list from the albums you download.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks!

Hey @Evert-Jan1,

Just writing back to let you know your gratitude is appreciated 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can help with in the future!

Mario Moderator

Hello,

Is there anyone to petition Spotify to change this behavior?

I would love to only see songs I’ve liked in the Liked Songs section of an artist I’m following. 
Thank you for helping. 

Hey @slushfund,

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

We understand your frustration with this, so perhaps you can share your thoughts and also give your vote for this idea here, where another Community user has proposed a change regarding this behavior.

Please note that even if an idea is currently set to Closed, for lacking the necessary votes, you can still add your vote there and we revisit those ideas on regular intervals. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

ElenaModerator

I’ll vote on that post. Thank you for sharing and replying.

Hi, it says that a solution has been found but the system is still not very intuitive.
When downloading and adding to the library even though all songs aren't added to the liked songs playlist all of the songs in the album show in the liked songs on the artist page, also, the button to add an album to the library should be a plus instead of an heart, I believe it would make things more clear.

Hey @javks,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

We appreciate your feedback about making changes within the Spotify app. Perhaps you can share your thoughts and valuable feedback by suggesting a new idea about this change in our Idea Exchange board.

Beforehand, you can search for similar ideas already posted - to avoid duplicating. We'd also suggest to familiarize yourself with the guidelines for Idea submissions, so your suggestion gets approved right away. The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts