Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I unfollow a Discover Weekly playlist that belongs to a deleted acc?

Solved!

How do I unfollow a Discover Weekly playlist that belongs to a deleted acc?

I subscribed to the "Discover weekly" playlist of a different account using the Playlists API. That account has since been deleted, and there looks to be some trace of the playlist left - I'm left with an entry at the top of my feed that has no title/owner/logo.
Attempting to delete via the Playlists API (DELETE https://api.spotify.com/v1/playlists/{playlist_id}/followers) just returns a 404.
If I try to load up the playlist via https://open.spotify.com/playlist/ it hangs for a while, then displays "Couldn't find that playlist Search for something else?"
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any idea how I can remove this odd entry?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @sham-256,

Thanks for the post. 

If the playlist is only visible on your landing page, it should go away in time when it gets replaced with more recent content you've listened to.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

The forum appears to have tried to render the link above. It was supposed to read https:// open[.]spotify[.]com/playlist/<playlist_id>

For reference, screenshot of the display on the feed is below:

sham256_0-1666103265739.png

Hey @sham-256,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Are you using the mobile app or the desktop app? Could you try finding the playlist in Your Library with the desktop app and then remove it through the right click menu?

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Thanks for the suggestion Dian. I've had a look, and oddly enough the rogue playlist doesn't appear on the desktop app, only on open.spotify.com. Very odd!

I've tried logging out/in, but I'll try nuking the browser entirely and see if that helps - it might be some weird cache somewhere.

Hey @sham-256,

Thanks for the reply.

I agree with you on the possible reasons for this, but don't nuke the browser, try removing the cache with a cotton swab instead. Sometimes it takes a little bit of extra time for all the cached data to resync. Let's see if this behavior persists after a few days.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Cheers Dian,

Cache-clearing (both the old fashioned way and with a cotton swab) didn't help either. I've tried with a fresh browser and it's present there too. It only seems to occur via open.spotify.com - the mobile and desktop apps both behave normally.

To be honest, it's only really a minor cosmetic blip, and I'm happy to live with it. I just wondered if it was something that anyone else had experienced.

For reference for anyone reading this, I created a brand new account, and followed/recreated most of my old playlists in bulk using the Tracks/Playlists APIs. One of those was the Discover Weekly for the old account. That old account's inactive now, and that remnant of the Discover Weekly is stuck there!

Marked as solution

Hi there @sham-256,

Thanks for the post. 

If the playlist is only visible on your landing page, it should go away in time when it gets replaced with more recent content you've listened to.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Alex. Oddly enough, having been there for (I think) many months, the rogue playlist disappeared last week. Either total coincidence, or maybe it was magicked away by an engineer somewhere!

Cheers

Sam

Hey @sham-256

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. 

Fantastic news! If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts