Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I unlike a local file that no longer exists?

How do I unlike a local file that no longer exists?

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Laptop/Android

Operating System

Windows 10/Android 9

My Question or Issue

I can't unlike songs that I used to have in local files. I've looked up solutions from previous posts, and none worked - I've tried deleting local-files.bnk, I've reinstalled Spotify completely, and I've tried deleting the song from the playlist manually.

When I delete local-files.bnk the file just gets recreated on relaunch - the songs don't get removed.

Reinstalling didn't fix anything.

Deleting the song from the playlist doesn't work. The right click menu has no option to remove the songs from the liked songs playlist, and if I press delete, it'll sometimes disappear for a second or two but then immediately reappear.

Clicking the heart doesn't do anything.

I've gone as far as tracking down the old mp3s (all but one, so even if this worked it still wouldn't finish the job) and getting them back on my laptop so they are no longer greyed out, and trying to do all of the above things again - it doesn't work.

I've moved them to a playlist and tried to unlike them when they're actually playing - that doesn't work, the heart will go away for half a second then come back.

Could the dev team please make a way to reset liked songs? At the very least, can you make it so that local files don't show up in multiple places? I honestly don't understand why it needs to be impossibly difficult to delete a file that no longer exists.

2 Replies

Hey there @arkainth

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. 

Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Alright, thanks.

Suggested posts