Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do i get Spotify to stop recommending a genre?

Solved!

How do i get Spotify to stop recommending a genre?

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this so I'm sorry if it isn't but I'm just curious how do i get Spotify to stop recommending a genre? 

I listened to Clair de lune once 3 years ago and ever since have been getting classical music recommended to me. I keep saying I don't like the songs but it keeps doing it and I want to make it stop. I did think it would stop on its own but today is the final straw haha. 

Any help would be great! Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just listen to other genres and sub-genres as much as possible.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Just listen to other genres and sub-genres as much as possible.

Hey @domo95 and @user-removed, 

Help’s here!

It's always a good idea to perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and our account system.

If you keep on getting the classical music recommendations after the clean reinstall, you can create a new Spotify account and transfer all your saved content from the old account. Follow the steps in this Spotify Answer on how you can do that.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Seriously, this should not be necessary. You're one of the largest streaming platforms in the world, yet you can't program in the simplest of features? Despicable. 

Suggested posts