Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How on earth did my playlist songs get messed up?

How on earth did my playlist songs get messed up?

I have a Premium account in the US. How on earth did my playlists suddenly get messed up? There are songs in the playlists that I know I did not add, and there are also duplicates now, when there were no duplicates before.

Is there any way to restore a playlist? I would like to fix this, as I have spent a lot of time creating these playlists.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @Theothistle,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

It's a good idea to first make sure you're logged in to the right account. If you have a secondary one, that could explain the differences in the playlists. You can consult this guide.

If you've checked and are logged in to the right account, we recommend that you follow the instructions in this Support Page and secure it against possible unwarranted access. Don't forget to change the password for any service associated with your account, such as your email address, Facebook, or Apple.

We recommend that you also have a look at all third party apps that have access to your Spotify account and remove any you don't recognize. You can learn how to do this here.  For the other ones you should update the login info as well.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts