How to change the country specific recommendations

Re: How to change the country specific recommendations

nunonuno
Casual Listener

Hello, 

I do have the same problem. I am a Portguese who lived in Berlin and now in the Portuguese country side. 

In Berlin I liked the music recommended on the moods. Sometimes I would just click on Lazy Sunday or Raining and I actually liked the music. Also I liked the moods shown first because they related to my own mood. That was a handy way to hear music.

However in Portugal the recommended playlist - I assume based in what people near me  is listening - are just horrible to me and sadly I don't use it at all. I am hearing this EURO 2016 type of music all the time in Portuguese playlist and I find it horrible. 

I wish I could be able to have reccomendations, discover, moods based in Berlin again. 

Nevertheless I love the discovery of the week. 

Thanks,

jameshummer

@Spotify I think it´s time to find a solution for this.. It´s unacceptable and inconvenient.

dpedrinha
Casual Listener

Ok, I found the Top 50 for each country (charts section). It is helping, but I'd still like to have all suggestions and moods set to a different country.

Alongrm
Regular
Having the same problem getting Latin recommendations while I live in the states currently time to fix this @spotify

dpedrinha
Casual Listener
In your case I'd just change the country in your account settings. Will
probably pay less for the subscription too ;)

The other way around makes everything a lot more expensive.
Highlighted

Alongrm
Regular

im in part of a family subscription, and im not the owner, and right now im in the states and I cant change the account info so whats the solution for that?

Drooog
I'm an English speaker in Germany. I do however hate German music. But all the **bleep** suggestions are full of it!
I'm on a premium family subscription.
Can we get this changed! I know I'm not alone. And changing my billable address to another country isn't an option :(

vpn switching on an iPhone also highly problematic.

Not happy :(

spekcan

Same problem for me. Maybe even worse. I live in switzerland, french speaking part, and everything suggested is swiss german, i mean who wants to listen to "kaffeehausmusik" to relax? Spotify should add some "preferences", it's not because we live in a country that we listen to their music..

shereeamor
Casual Listener

This is exactly my problem. I've been living in Switzerland (french part) for 4 years and getting English playlists in the browse section, I actually got pretty into them and suddenly it switched in the summer so all my Browse suggestions are German. It doesn't even adapt to the playlists I seek out on my own, to understand what kind of music I actually enjoy. AND I'm on a Premium account, so I'd like to get some flexibility for what I pay for!

Trixietia

And I thought I was the only one who feels this way. How can I vote for this idea to be considered by Spotify? 

SUGGESTED POSTS