Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change the country specific recommendations

Solved!

How to change the country specific recommendations

Ok, so I am English but live in Portugal, currently using Spotify free.

Spotify seems to think thatbecause I live in Portugal I want playlist recommendations, elbums, discover etc of the Portugeuse market.

I don't.  I want English recommendations,as do the millions of other English users that live in countries outside thier home country.

Is it possible to change this?

The one good thing is that all of the crapy Portuguese advertising is totallyt wasted on me.

Also why won't the darn thing remember my log in details every time I log out? (I just use the Windows 8.1 app.

105 Replies

Incredible, same here. One would expect better from a company that's trying to grow. We're Premium users, but apparently not important enough. I might just wait for my subscription to expire and then switch to a better service, one that actually listens to their paying customers —pun intended.

The sad thing is that Apple Music does the same thing... it's just so stupid they can't fix something like this 

i have the same problem, i woud like to have all the suggestions and moods from a different country that i'm now, this is dissapointing it is 2018 and this post started in 2014 with still no solution

Also paid user, I am Mexican, live in Finland, I would like suggestions based on my own liking not imposed by Spotify, even as a paying customer!

It has been years, years! Spotify you are really really frustrating and ignoring good part of your own consumer base, no wonder more and more of my friends are jumping to deezer.. fix this please!

I'm feeling frustrated as well and found similar topics in the idea area. Maybe it will help if we support an actual idea instead of just showing our frustrations. I hope so. A response from Spotify after all these years would also be much appreciated.

Custom Overview: User focused Suggestions Based on Listening History

Tired of the Overview suggestion artists.

I did repost this as an idea. Zero response from Spotify!

That is true. You started this as a great idea. However, the problem is not only country specific recommendations. The users in this topic don't like the recommended playlists/homepage in general.

That's why I think that users should backing up specific ideas about custom homepage/browse/overview and hiding suggested playlists.

Fair point.

The thing that is more depressing to me right now, is to see how after years and years of this, literally zero response from spotify at all, not even a small "We hear you" but 100% radio silence.

I actually posted on Twitter and they said "We'll look into that" and that was it. Nothing since....

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Browse-Allow-to-change-country-origin-sugg...

Vote here for that idea! The more we vote, the better chances we have it’ll change!

Thanks for the response. Any idea when a fix is comming thought? I thinks is pretty clear by now that it is pretty much a needed/wanted feature.

Is this at least in the roadmap?

Please fix this. It's very annoying. Country of origin != taste in music

I have honestly given up on this, I think they will never fix it nor want, just don't have the guts to say it out loud 😕

So we should all switch to Deezer, and they'll understand.

I started using a modded app and modded desktop client. I am done with all the bs they're trying to shove down our throat. Spotify doesn't see user experience as a number one priority. This whole community with the option to vote for ideas is just to make fun of their users. Spotify will not listen to us users if it's not in their best interests.
Get your own UI, switch or get used to it.

Thanks Kees1vande4 for your suggestion.
Can you name the modded app and modded desktop client you mentioned?

This issue remain in Spotify for more than 5 years at least.

If I wanted to listen to my local Swedish "podcasts" I would just turn on the radio. And that's free. I can only find around 3 international podcasts at any given time when browsing, and those are rarely in tune with my interests. Please show us the whole range with filters to use, if anything make it a premium only feature.

Same issue here and we are in 2019!!!! This topic issued 5 (!) years ago in 2014.
I'm in Israel and my Spotify Homepage is full of music in Hebrew that I do not leasten to....

There is still no solution for this problem and Spotify still iggnoring their costumers.

Vote for the idea here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Browse-Allow-to-change-country-origin-sugg...

This link (to vote) is working now.

Thanks for the initiative.

Kudos.

Suggested posts