Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change the country specific recommendations

Solved!

How to change the country specific recommendations

Ok, so I am English but live in Portugal, currently using Spotify free.

Spotify seems to think thatbecause I live in Portugal I want playlist recommendations, elbums, discover etc of the Portugeuse market.

I don't.  I want English recommendations,as do the millions of other English users that live in countries outside thier home country.

Is it possible to change this?

The one good thing is that all of the crapy Portuguese advertising is totallyt wasted on me.

Also why won't the darn thing remember my log in details every time I log out? (I just use the Windows 8.1 app.

105 Replies

+1

+1

+1

All I want are some non-swedish podcasts. come on spotify! you were created and sweden, so you know that we don't care for other swedes.

This is an important issue especially for podcast recommendations. I live in Turkey but there are only a few decent podcast series. At least a language preference option would be really nice.
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate taking the time to post about this here in the Community!

The best way for us to gather your feedback about country-specific content is via the Idea Exchange. Keep in mind that the following ideas have already been posted:

As this thread is a bit older with lots of different feedback in one place, we’re going to lock it for now. Please leave your comments and add your +VOTE to support the respective idea threads above instead.

You can find more about how your feedback reaches Spotify in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else - we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts