Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to find downloaded podcast episodes

Solved!

How to find downloaded podcast episodes

Is there a way to see a list of only downloaded podcast episodes

I have clicked on the downloads filter but it comes up with everything I have downloads including podcasts as a whole and music playlists etc.

It used to be that we could select downloads and it would only be a list of the podcast episodes that we have downloaded, which is what I would like.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @taylorjoe,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

You can find your downloaded podcast episodes, as well as those you've saved but not downloaded, on the playlist Your Episodes that appears when applying the filter Podcasts & Shows.

In the same filter of Podcasts & Shows you should also be able to sort out Downloaded without having to open Your Episodes.

You can learn more about the new Your Library in this thread. We also invite you to leave any feedback you have there, as it helps us to keep improving the app.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @Sophie6421,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you let us know the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of the device you're using? We'd also appreciate a screenshot of what you see at your end, when you have your downloads selected. You can attach it to your post via the Insert Photo option.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Was this sorted? Since the latest update it's not possible to see a list of downloaded episodes, the best you can do is to choose the filters podcasts & shows + downloads, this gives you a list of all the shows from which you have downloaded at least one episode, you then have to go into each one and scroll through to find those which you have downloaded.

This is obviously not very good, when the change was made I assumed would be corrected quickly but this was weeks ago. It's a really basic problem.

Marked as solution

Hey there @taylorjoe,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

You can find your downloaded podcast episodes, as well as those you've saved but not downloaded, on the playlist Your Episodes that appears when applying the filter Podcasts & Shows.

In the same filter of Podcasts & Shows you should also be able to sort out Downloaded without having to open Your Episodes.

You can learn more about the new Your Library in this thread. We also invite you to leave any feedback you have there, as it helps us to keep improving the app.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Hi Carlos, 

Thanks for the quick response, i do appreciate it. 

Makes sense the my episodes solution moving forward, though all my previously downloaded podcasts are of course not in this list. It also feels an unelegant solution to see a list of shows when i filter for podcasts + downloaded rather than a list of episodes. Also when i remove an episode from 'your episodes' i get taken out of that list, which is odd rather than a serious problem.

i've left a comment on the other thread too, 

Thanks again, Joe.

I have the same problem and find it very annoying, because I can't access a list of all the podcasts that I've downloaded before the update was released. Is there any solution yet?

Hey @WukongZ,

Thanks for your post.

As @CarlosE has mentioned, downloaded podcast episodes, as well as those you've saved but not downloaded, are located in Your Episodes, when applying the filter Podcasts & Shows.

You can learn more about the new Your Library in this thread. We also invite you to leave any feedback you have there, as it helps us to keep improving the app.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Alex,
Unfortunately they are not, because I have downloaded them BEFORE the update. I believe at this time the episodes you downloaded, weren't automatically added to "Your episodes" aswell. So I have a lot of episodes, which I have downloaded but not added to that list. How can I find them?

Hi there @WukongZ

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you check if you can see your downloaded content directly on the podcast's profile? 

If you can't find them there, we suggest that you re-download them following these steps. 

Keep us in the loop. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello Carlos,

I'm a casual listener of music but primarily podcasts as a premium subscriber. It would be much appreciated if Spotify would make only downloaded episodes viewable in one area. As a user above says, forcing users to sort through a list of shows for downloaded episodes is not only time consuming, it does not work on airplane mode when travelling. Previously on flights, I could easily find downloaded episodes. Now when I open the Spotify app on a flight, it attempts to connect to the internet when navigating through episodes under the downloaded section because you are forced to navigate through show libraries that are not downloaded (even if they are saved), largely resulting in not being able to navigate the app or find the downloaded episode(s. Please fix this to restore the previous easy to use travelling experience. 

Many thanks,
Matt  

I see now that the solution is to navigate to "Your Episodes" when filtering by downloaded. Sorry I missed this. I will try this solution on my next flight later this month and reply to this thread if I encounter any issues. 

Toys solution does not help. 

Suggested posts