Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to find similar songs or with the same style as the one you're listening?

How to find similar songs or with the same style as the one you're listening?

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

(Android, Laptop)

Operating System

(Android 10, Win 10 Pro)

My Question or Issue

I often "shazam" songs from youtube vídeos, shopping malls I go, TV and others. I have a specific playlist with songs I've got from some hair care channels, and I really like the songs those channels' owners pick. My question is how I could find more songs like those I'm already added to my playlist? Usually, I click on 3-point icon on the right side of the song and then "go to the song radio" (or something like that, I use in portuguese so i don't know how that text is shown in english), but that way isn't so effective, because many songs Spotify pick to me aren't in the same music style.

6 Replies

Hey @joaogdesigner

When you create a playlist and add some songs, Spotify creates a small section right under your playlist called 'recommended songs'. Those ten songs are based on what you already have in your playlist. If you dont like the tracks you can try finding new ones by hitting the renew/refresh button to the right.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there! Thanks for replying! Yep, sometimes I play from there, but artificial intelligence isn't so "intelligent" as media announces it is, is it? 😄

Hi @joaogdesigner,

What you can do is also mark songs that you don't like with the Hide song icon. This is available on Mobile. This way you'll get less of that type of song in future recommendations.

You can also check the Daily Mixes and the Discover weekly playlists for songs that might appeal to you 🙂

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, I haven't found an option to hide a song. Where is it? I searched that option from list Spotify suggests under a playlist, didn't find it.

Hi again @joaogdesigner,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Not to worry, you can find the Hide song icon in playlists like your Daily Mixes or your Discover Weekly.

Also, keep in mind that the more music you listen to, the more personalized recommendations you'll get.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Try smart shuffle by starting with your best and favorite song and have the magic done for you you, with cool vibe magically maintained! Smart shuffle will analyse your preferences taking into account your listening habits and the context of the current listening session, you will definitely be a happy customer. The mood is always matched making you very contained in the listening. The recommended songs are subtly inserted into your playback queue, usually after every few tracks from your playlist. You're always in control of the listening experience. You can skip any recommended song you don't like, and you can turn Smart Shuffle off at any time. You will discover new music you have never heard, keeping things fresh and with a very seamless experience!

I also been utilizing Chosic, and it's proving to be effective for my needs.

Suggested posts