Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to go "up" a playlist folder?

How to go "up" a playlist folder?

Hello!

In the desktop app (specifically) you can nest playlists in folders.

Playing a nested playlist is easy, you click the containing folder, then click the nested play list.

But how do you go back "up" from a playlist to its containing folder?

Often you want to go to a sibling playlist, but there is no way that I know of to discover them aside from going to the sidebar, and opening each folder until you find the one you are currently in.

Is there a button or a shortcut key?

Note that the < > arrows are NOT this, that is akin to browser history, not "up".

Thanks,
Dave

2 Replies

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting. I think I understood what you mean: You'd like to be able to go "up" rather than "back", similar to how it works on Windows, as in the (slightly blurry) screenshot below:

Screenshot_20211201-102104.png

Honestly, I'm not sure there is another way other than to use the sidebar navigation, but I might be wrong.

Do you generally navigate using keyboard shortcuts? Could you give me an example of a use case when you'd use the "up" feature? I'm just curious to know more 🙂

Hi Peter!

The times I can think of would be:

- you clicked a closed playlist folder, then clicked to go into a playlist
- you found a song via search which opened a nested playlist

Both ways you may want to know or navigate to sibling playlists.

I also wish there was a for "see playlists for this song" right click option, or when you right click to add to a playlist it tells you *before* you attempt to add to a playlist.

Just feels like it would be the dotted i and crossed t to the playlist functionality. 

And yes, I am generally a shortcut key user (web developer). On my Mac Cmd+Up is often how I navigate up a level in the Finder.

Suggested posts