Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Make the 'Currently Playing' shortcut scroll to the currently playing song

Solved!

[Desktop][Playlists] Make the 'Currently Playing' shortcut scroll to the currently playing song

It's pretty hard to find the currently playing song in a shuffled playlist of a few hundred songs, and the name of the shortcut already implies that it should take you to exactly what song is playing, rather than just the current playlist/album.

This would also make it easier to use the new plus & minus buttons that appear on a song when it is added to an 'Enhanced' playlist. Currently, I never use those buttons because of how inconvenient it is to find them.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @jonniecharles

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

That's correct, there were some changes in the new update of the desktop app and now clicking on the album art, you can view the track's info on the right side of the app and the playlist where it's playing from on the top of that section.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I used the browse function to find a playlist that I've been listening to for a couple of days.  The trouble is, I really like this playlist so I want to favorite it but I don't remember which one it is.

How do I identify what playlist is currently playing??

I'm Windows/iPhone/iPad.

Hello! Would you mind letting me know what platform you're on?

For the mobile app, the playlist you're listening to should be listed at the top of the screen where you view the album cover, and on the desktop version, you should be able to click on the album cover in the bottom left corner to jump to the playlist. Hope this helps you!

Ah, that was it.  If I click the album cover in either the Windows app or the iPad app I can see the playlist.

Thank you!

Clicking on the album cover does not work any more in Spotify 1.1.55 on Linux. Instead it shows the album the song was taken from. Sometimes it does not show anything.

Hi folks! 

Thanks for posting on the Community! 

@gaxxlol, we don't actively support Linux, so the features can vary from other operative systems and the behavior of the app can be different. We recommend checking out our Linux help board for suggestions from fellow Linux users.

Hope this info helps. If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Typed a whole detailed explanation but this forum is as buggy as the app..

Clicking the cover + artist name = artist overview without currently playing song.
Clicking the song name = album list without currently playing song. 

I'm on windows.

Moved to Deezer because of spotify's big middlefinger towards UI/UX but am forced back because of family subscription, but oh my this hurts..
No dislike button and no clue what is actually being played..
With a broken forum to match

For Chrome Browser, go to the Spotify Home screen then look at the list on the left side.  The playlist currently playing is identified with a small green speaker icon to the right of the name.

Hey @stickytape99,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like you to know that it is currently possible to be redirected to a song's position within a playlist by clicking their album art. When you click the album art of a playing song (whether it's expanded or not) in the desktop app, you'll be redirected to its position on the playlist. Then, you'll see the song with its name highlighted in green.

That being said, we'd like to clarify the following:

• When you click the name of the playing song, you'll be redirected to the album in which the song is located.
  • When you click the artist, you'll be redirected to the artist's profile.

If this is not what you were suggesting with your idea, we encourage you to post it again, but adding as many details as possible, so we can have a better understanding of it.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you! I had no idea that was a feature.

This no longer seems to work (OS desktop v1.2.33 )  It just seems to expand collapse the info about the currently playing track  on the right. Any advice. Thx

Marked as solution

Hey there @jonniecharles

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

That's correct, there were some changes in the new update of the desktop app and now clicking on the album art, you can view the track's info on the right side of the app and the playlist where it's playing from on the top of that section.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator

This is no longer true for desktop version, can you update your answer?
Explanation: in current desktop vestion (Windows) when you click on album cover it unfolds the left panel with "about the artist" and "credists" and so on.
Thanks.

Suggested posts