Announcements

How to identify current playlist?

Solved!

How to identify current playlist?

I used the browse function to find a playlist that I've been listening to for a couple of days.  The trouble is, I really like this playlist so I want to favorite it but I don't remember which one it is.

How do I identify what playlist is currently playing??

I'm Windows/iPhone/iPad.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello! Would you mind letting me know what platform you're on?

For the mobile app, the playlist you're listening to should be listed at the top of the screen where you view the album cover, and on the desktop version, you should be able to click on the album cover in the bottom left corner to jump to the playlist. Hope this helps you!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello! Would you mind letting me know what platform you're on?

For the mobile app, the playlist you're listening to should be listed at the top of the screen where you view the album cover, and on the desktop version, you should be able to click on the album cover in the bottom left corner to jump to the playlist. Hope this helps you!

Ah, that was it.  If I click the album cover in either the Windows app or the iPad app I can see the playlist.

Thank you!

Clicking on the album cover does not work any more in Spotify 1.1.55 on Linux. Instead it shows the album the song was taken from. Sometimes it does not show anything.

Hi folks! 

Thanks for posting on the Community! 

@gaxxlol, we don't actively support Linux, so the features can vary from other operative systems and the behavior of the app can be different. We recommend checking out our Linux help board for suggestions from fellow Linux users.

Hope this info helps. If you have any questions, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Typed a whole detailed explanation but this forum is as buggy as the app..

Clicking the cover + artist name = artist overview without currently playing song.
Clicking the song name = album list without currently playing song. 

I'm on windows.

Moved to Deezer because of spotify's big middlefinger towards UI/UX but am forced back because of family subscription, but oh my this hurts..
No dislike button and no clue what is actually being played..
With a broken forum to match

Hi @byebyebye,

Thank you for sharing your post on this thread. 

On the desktop app, when you're playing a song if you click on the album cover, you'll be taken to the album/playlist where it is playing from. 

If you click on the song's name, you'll be taken to the album where the song is contained. And if you click on the artist's name, you'll be directed to the artist's page.

If your app has a different behavior when you do each of these actions. Please share with us a video showing how the issue develops from your side, if the video is too heavy to be posted here you can upload it to another service and post the link.

Lastly, if you encounter any issues with the Community, it's a good idea to open it from an incognito window.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Typed another big reply and like the trusting fool I am I didn't copy my reply and got the complete spotify experience: https://imgur.com/a/toZG26Z

Click on random artist => click play => wish you were never forced to leave Deezer
https://imgur.com/a/wQc8CP0
You hide the playing song behind some extra click to expand the horrid UI. Just show me a list this is form over function and why this spotify experience is so terrible.

This forum is horrid, finding how to even start a topic is a pain then after replying, finding your previous posts is even worse. Had to go all Sherlock Holmes on the settings. To give you another kick in the nuts you even added a reCAPTCHA for every post even though im logged in. And to boot: https://imgur.com/a/toZG26Z

Hi @byebyebye,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

It's odd you're getting all these errors when trying to post. Could you give it a try using a different browser or clearing the cookies and cache of the current one? 

About the issue with the songs, can you confirm you've checked the steps I shared on my previous post? Unfortunately, the screenshot you shared doesn't clarify much.

Regardless of where you start playing the songs from, if you click on the album cover you'll be directed to the place the song is playing from. 

It would be helpful if you could give us as many details as possible, or share a video illustrating what's happening with your app.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Its just the horrible design, I did exactly like you said. If you see my screenshot you see where you land, its not showing the active song because you have to fold out the UI. 

Terrible absolutely terrible design. I've left spotify before because of the middle finger you point towards the customer and see it's only gotten worse. 

- current issue
- overal UI

- facebook social bar

- dislike button

- cannot rearrange home page

- cramming podcast and other advertisements down our throaths

For Chrome Browser, go to the Spotify Home screen then look at the list on the left side.  The playlist currently playing is identified with a small green speaker icon to the right of the name.

Suggested posts