Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to mass unsave music?

Solved!

How to mass unsave music?

Hey y'all, when I first subscribed to Spotify I began to "hoard" my saves, and would save entire discographies as a reminder to listen. But I quickly hit the 10,000 song limit and I'm not sure how I can easily unsave most of this music without manually unsaving all of those albums. Any possible solutions here?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @rat74, help's here!

To remove saved music from your library quickly, we'd recommend going to the desktop app. Then:

1. Go to Your Library.
  2. Click the first song you'd wish to remove. Here, I've clicked 'Trick Bag' by Joseph in my Songs menu.
    Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 14.49.46.png

3. Hold Shift and click the next song you'd like to remove further down. This should select that large group of songs all at once.Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 14.50.00.png

4. Then, right-click the track selection. This brings up a menu, where you can select Remove from Your LibraryScreen Shot 2017-08-22 at 14.50.14.png

If you do this in bulk in your Songs and Albums menus in Your Library on the desktop app, you can have a drastic clear-up in no time at all!

We hope this clears things up for you. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @rat74, help's here!

To remove saved music from your library quickly, we'd recommend going to the desktop app. Then:

1. Go to Your Library.
  2. Click the first song you'd wish to remove. Here, I've clicked 'Trick Bag' by Joseph in my Songs menu.
    Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 14.49.46.png

3. Hold Shift and click the next song you'd like to remove further down. This should select that large group of songs all at once.Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 14.50.00.png

4. Then, right-click the track selection. This brings up a menu, where you can select Remove from Your LibraryScreen Shot 2017-08-22 at 14.50.14.png

If you do this in bulk in your Songs and Albums menus in Your Library on the desktop app, you can have a drastic clear-up in no time at all!

We hope this clears things up for you. 

Wow, thanks so much Jack! I was actually able to clear it all with command+a, thanks again!

Sweet, good to know @rat74

We'll be here if you need us for anything else; You can also get in contact with us directly via email, or by tweeting our support handle if you need us in future.

Happy listening 🙂 🎶

I'm currently trying to clear out my `Liked Songs` as it'**bleep** its 10000 limit. 

The problem is that I can only remove ~100 songs at a time. 

My strategy for Liked Songs is that when I hit 10000 I add all of Liked Songs to a "My Collection [date]" playlist, then clear out Liked Songs and start accumulating again. (I like a lot of music.)

In the past I didn't have any problem removing all 10000. Now, when I select all (cmd-a) and hit delete, it says "are you sure you want to delete 100 songs" (the number varies). This means it's going to take me 100x "select-all, delete" to clear out my collection. There must be a way to clear it out or really select all? Please help!

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 11.47.30 AM.png

 PS - super ironic that I had to click "I am not a robot" to submit this. Sometimes my workflows in Spotify really make me feel like a robot. 😢

You can go to the albums or compilations that you saved and hit unsave or unlike album to get rid of groups at a time.

Suggested posts