Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove offline versions of content no longer in my library

Solved!

How to remove offline versions of content no longer in my library

I'll try to explain with an example:
I have 2 albums in my library, album A and album B.
I add both albums to a playlist.
I download the _playlist_ for offline usage.

Now I remove album A from my library _and_ from the playlist.

As far as I can tell this does _not_ automatically remove the offline version of album A from my device. Because if I add the same album again later, it will be instantly "downloaded".
So assuming I want to get rid of it permanently, how do I remove the downloaded version of album A, _without_ also removing album B.

I don't think there's a button for it. Maybe unfavorited tracks/albums are removed automatically after a while? Or is there a really an evergrowing graveyard of unused files?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @apo86,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We're not quite sure what exactly you mean by unfavorited tracks and unused files. With that being said, we were not able to reproduce the inconvenience you're having.

If you're referring to a leftover cached files in the App, you can remove them following the steps in this article. 

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have other further questions 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @apo86,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We're not quite sure what exactly you mean by unfavorited tracks and unused files. With that being said, we were not able to reproduce the inconvenience you're having.

If you're referring to a leftover cached files in the App, you can remove them following the steps in this article. 

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have other further questions 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I just meant albums/tracks that I removed from my library. When I remove an album from my library and all playlists, I would expect it to also be removed from my offline files.

But as it turns out clearing the cache does actually do what I was looking for! This does remove the files for music I previously removed from my library.

Thank you 🙂

Suggested posts