Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I accidentally removed songs from my "Liked" songs, how to undo it?

I accidentally removed songs from my "Liked" songs, how to undo it?

I have Spotify Premium. While going through and cleaning up songs in my Liked list, I accidentally removed a bunch of songs that I'd liked since 2015-present!! I was on the desktop app, and I was multi-selecting songs using the shift button and then removing them a few songs at a time, and somehow without even realizing it my songs went from 200 down to 40. How do I undo this? I know that Spotify has data on the date when you "Liked" the song, so is there a way to just recover all of them? PLEASE HELP, this list had been several years in the making! I was culling it down so I could create a playlist from them, but then the debacle happened.

I found help articles about recovering deleted playlists. This was NOT a playlist. Also, I tried to remember which songs were on there but I remembered about 8 songs or so. Lastly, the "history" list in my desktop app doesn't have any of the songs and it only saves the last 50 that I played, which didn't include the specific Liked songs that got removed.

6 Replies

Hey @vanfeihong, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Unfortunately there's no way to undo that yet but you can use the Request Data option in your Spotify account page.

Also, you can ask the Spotify Support to restore your Liked Songs to an earlier state.

Hope it helps 🙂

Update to the question above--I first requested to download my data, and it took a few days but not a big deal. You get a package of .json files, which I opened using notepad text editor. It had a bunch of info, but not the songs that were deleted.

So I tried the next recommendation which was to contact customer support. I told them the date which I wanted my songs restored to, and they were able to resolve the issue smoothly. I filled out the survey afterwards to give them positive feedback.

Thank you for the solution, and thank you Spotify customer service!!!

In the future, it'd be nice to add a confirmation asking the user if they're sure they want to bulk delete the songs, or give users a way to undo / restore the songs ourselves.

Hey @vanfeihong,

Glad to hear our Customer Support team was able to help you resolve this!

Thanks for your feedback regarding those features. We've found a couple of ideas which are relevant to your feature requests:

Make sure to support them by adding your vote to them!

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found in this Spotify Answer.

Thanks - take care for now 🙂

Did you guys skip design 101? Since when is it acceptable to have a destructive action without confirmation?

You need an Unlike button. Thumbs down. Bad design.

Agreed, terrible UI/UX on the macOS native app

I was going through my liked songs to make a playlist.
The remove button SHOULD NOT be so close to the play button. Put it on the other side or in the ellipses.
Why even show a heart button when going through the liked songs anyways? Clear reuse of their playlist code that serves a different use case.

I popup indicates that I removed a song. A medium difficulty solution would be to also have a undo button within that popup.

Suggested posts