Premium

Country
Italy

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 build 2004

My Question or Issue

Hello, I'm having an issue with my favorite songs.
Some time ago, I added a local file to my favorite song list, but now I want to remove it.
The problem is that when I click the corresponding heart button to delete it, nothing happens, and the song stays where it is.
Even after a lot of clicks, application restarts, and pc reboots, the song is still on the list and gets played when I select my favorite songs.
I don't know how to solve this problem, and I hope that someone can help me.

5 Replies

Hey there @Andrea_Manghi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

To the troubleshooting you've tried so far, we'd like to step in and add some more. We'd suggest you follow these steps to run a clean reinstall. By doing that, you can make sure your devices's cache is not causing the issue.

If that leads to nowhere, it's a good idea to try deleting the song while you're logged in on another device. 

In case your issue persists you can leave a +Vote here and subscribe for updates.

Keep us in the loop. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Try selecting the song and pressing Del button on your keyboard.

Hello @Elena, thanks for your message and sorry if I replied with so much delay.
I tried a clean reinstall and followed your guide, but unfortunately, nothing changed.
I also installed Spotify on a different machine with Linux, but the songs still appear in the favorite list on both computers.
Interestingly on my phone and tablet (respectively with Android 10 and Android 5.1.1), the songs are not shown.
I put a +Vote on the issue you suggested.
For now, thank you so much for your assistance.

Hello @AeroZ, thanks for your reply.
I can't select the songs because, in the favorite song list, they appear unavailable and grayed out.

Hey @Andrea_Manghi,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the troubleshooting steps you tried out.

There is one more possible solution you can try out and that is to attempt to delete the song from our web player. You can access it here

If that doesn't do the trick, make sure to also subscribe to the idea that @Elena linked. That way you'll be up to speed on any news on about the Ongoing Issue, as soon as there are any. It's a good idea to also keep your app updated to the latest version, so all fixes get applied as soon as possible. You can learn how to do this here

As to the song not appearing on your mobile devices - it's possible that the option to Show unplayable content is disabled in your settings menu. You can find it in section Playback.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts