Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I added this song to My Liked Songs and I can't remove it when I press the Heart button

I added this song to My Liked Songs and I can't remove it when I press the Heart button

Plan

Free

Country

Romania

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't remove the song and if my playlist reaches that song, it automatically stops, even if i have it on Repeat. It just suddenly stops.

spotify.PNG
8 Replies

Hey @Malagrugrous, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Does the song you’re trying to remove appear to be greyed out? Also, are you able to remove the song from your Liked Songs by pressing Ctrl + Select the song you want to delete + Left click and select Remove from Liked Songs?

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, the song is greyed out, can't play it, but I can't remove it from my liked songs in any way.

On mobile, it doesn't even show the song in my playlist. What is happening?

Hey @Malagrugrous,

If the song shows as greyed out - that means the track is not available to be played in your area. 

Spotify wants all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

Spotify adds new content every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

Were you able to remove the track from your Liked Songs following the steps I provided in my last reply?

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star

I tried to remove it like you told me but it didnt work. Pressing the heart doesnt work either and, like i said, you cant even see the song on mobile.

Hey @Malagrugrous,

In my last reply I explained to you why this happened.

Could you let me know if the greyed out song still appears after you perform a clean reinstall of the app

If not, attach a screen recording of what happens when you try to remove the song following the steps I provided in my last reply so I can take a closer look.

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I cannot post the screen recording. It says that I don't have permission to post it, but the video is under 5 MBs and it is '.mp4'

I also tried quickly reinstalling it using the link you posted, but it didn't work.

Hey @Malagrugrous,

Could you try attaching the screen recording again using a different browser or private window?

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts