Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I am new - how does Spotify work? Download and save music for future use?

Solved!

I am new - how does Spotify work? Download and save music for future use?

PlanPremium

Free/Premium

CountryAustralia

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating Systemwindows 10 laptop

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or IssueGoing on a cruise, no WiFi - I wantto take another laptop and use music downloadedon . Can I use a thumb drive?already set up in spotify settings, downlaoded CACHE. I am 80 years old --many of the terminology I did not learn in school. I learned to write on a slate plate:-) I short can I save my music and paly it later without getting an IT certificate?? Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Ingolf1941

Thanks for your reply. 

No worries, you can download your content on your phones or on the smaller laptop you mentioned you'll be taking with you. You just have to make sure to have the Spotify app installed on your device first.  

For more info, we suggest that you take a look at the article @Vasil shared above. 

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @Ingolf1941,

Thank you for pointing out that the link is missing! 🙂
I believe this one should be useful here:
https://support.spotify.com/article/listen-offline/

As @MihailY has suggested, if that doesn't help, please send us a few screenshots or a link to a short video of what's happening on your end.
We'll be on the lookout for your responses.
Cheers!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @Ingolf1941,

Thank you for posting in the Community!

When using Offline Listening, your songs are downloaded as encrypted data files, not individual songs.
As such, they are to be best kept on the device, running the Spotify app itself (the laptop you'll be taking with you), as the app requires a steady constant connection to them.

Tip: You can download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different offline devices.
Tip 2: Do keep in mind that it's a good precaution to check if your offline cached data is working properly on our end.
This can be checked by our Support as a preventive measure and may save you tens of possible headaches, connected to offline listening. Simply ask them to take a look at your offline cache and they'll take it from there 🙂

Let us know if any further questions arise.

Many thanks & cheers!

VasilModerator

I am not taking the computer with me - Smaller laptop to save weight. I am back to DJANGO - I can save the music to a n SD card!

Marked as solution

Hey there @Ingolf1941

Thanks for your reply. 

No worries, you can download your content on your phones or on the smaller laptop you mentioned you'll be taking with you. You just have to make sure to have the Spotify app installed on your device first.  

For more info, we suggest that you take a look at the article @Vasil shared above. 

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

My download button isn't working. Super frustrating as I do not have internet and only use my mobile data

Hey @MAGIC888,

Thanks for reaching out.

As a first step, please check out this guide with useful tips about issues with downloading content in the Spotify app. If that doesn't help, please send us a few screenshots or a short video of what's happening on your end.

Looking forward to your reply.

Take care,

MihailYModerator

Thank you ===WHICH GUIDE???
Marked as solution

Hey @Ingolf1941,

Thank you for pointing out that the link is missing! 🙂
I believe this one should be useful here:
https://support.spotify.com/article/listen-offline/

As @MihailY has suggested, if that doesn't help, please send us a few screenshots or a link to a short video of what's happening on your end.
We'll be on the lookout for your responses.
Cheers!

VasilModerator

Suggested posts