Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaborative playlist links not working

Hey everyone, 

We've received some reports from users who have issues joining and inviting other users to collaborative playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments. Make sure to also keep your device up to date so that you don't miss out on any developments. 

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Comments
Daleanderson

there used to be an option that was just ‘make collaborative’ which used to work and was very easy now that button has gone, it is there when an existing user is already collabed and it says ‘make uncolloborative’ I clicked that and now and I can’t get them back hope this helps

cutefacegrace

I’m having this same issue. I have clicked “invite collaborator” and sent both the first and second link, neither give my husband editing access. He is following me as well. I’ve also tried to copy the link and send it that way and closing the app and opening it again, nothing is working. We already have a collab playlist for our kids and that one worked so easily. This is extremely frustrating. 

deathreaperco6

Yup, this feature is completely broken

mm2101
My friend and I are trying to make a collaborative playlist but it won’t let the invited person add to the playlist. We both have spotify premium, both of our apps are updated to the most recent version, and we have both have made collaborative playlists in the past so unsure why we can’t make a new one!
The playlist has the “invite collaborators” option however when my friend opens the collaborator link to my playlist, she is unable to add anything to it (same thing happens if I use her link). Can anyone help please?
i sent the invite collaborative link to him and it doesnt have the join button or anythint
Novy
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments. Make sure to also keep your device up to date so that you don't miss out on any developments. 

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

abalenabtw
my friend and i have been trying to share a playlist for about an hour. i've scoured the internet, tried different sharing methods, ie through instagram, messenger, copy link, more and then copy link etc. nothing works. we've tried doing it over desktop as well and we can't figure out how to allow her to add songs to this playlist.
duckingkai

I’ve also tried making a collaborative playlist with my cousin and we tried everything, tried to paste the link into every app, even over AirDrop and it’s still not working. It’s very frustrating and I hope this problem can be fixed as soon as possible.

I pay so much money a month to get good music and playlists, and a tiny thing like that doesn’t work. It’s really frustrating me as you can tell.

ranchracer

Have the exact same problem. Just upgraded to Premium Duo so my wife and I could both listen at the same time and collaborate on playlists, which meant I LOST my free Hulu account that I got with my standard Spotify Premium account. Shared two of my previously created playlists with her and she’s unable to edit them. Come on Spotify, this is ridiculous. It needs to be fixed.

im-so-confused

other people can't see my newer public playlists

i've been making public playlists on spotify and my friends are saying they cant see them

the last public playlist they can see is from around march 16 of this year

i've tried removing them (the playlists) from my profile and re-adding them

the page says that they are public

im not sure what else to do

(i also cant figure out how to post stuff on here so i just decided to post this comment)

ive tried sharing the playlists and my friends say that on their end it says "page not found"

i've tried logging into an alternate account and i can't see my newer playlists either